• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roberto Baldoquin Arrives!

Chuck

Cal Ripkin is a freak and he wasn't exactly Omar Vizquel out there. Ripkin also played a lotlog 3B too. I could point out an exception to every generalization but for the most part these generalizations happen for a reason. You don't need to be a hard thrower to be an ace look at Greg Maddux. You don't have to be a power hitter in RF to be valuable look at Tony Gwynn. There are ways to get around deficiencies in some areas but you have to be extraordinary in others.

Being quick is more important for a SS than being fast but it's certainly something to keep an eye on. Also there is a big difference between being a useful player and being at the level of the HOF guys cited above. Hopefully Baldoquin can be useful at either SS or 2B and I'll be happy.

"We asked Alfredo, 'Can this guy play shortstop?' " Dipoto said. "He said, 'Yes, he can.' We believe he's a shortstop, an everyday player. He's a gifted defender with soft hands and the arm strength to play any infield position. … The only tool that grades out as average is speed. We don't see him as a flyer, a base stealer."

this is a big deal to me. I feel like Alfredo can make a capable defender out of anyone and for him to endorse baldoquin as a SS means a lot.

So, umm... 3B??

• 2 weeks later...