• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sexual threats, other CIA methods detailed in new U.S. report

I honestly don't give a shit about this. Some of the biggest shitheads on Earth got what they had coming to them...am I supposed to lose sleep over this?

I am far more concerned about all those cats and dogs that need to get adopted on those Sara McGlaughlin commercials.

I honestly don't give a shit about this. Some of the biggest shitheads on Earth got what they had coming to them...am I supposed to lose sleep over this?

I am far more concerned about all those cats and dogs that need to get adopted on those Sara McGlaughlin commercials.

What a pathetic post.

This is the mentality of most americans.  Of course then we would get butthurt when our soldiers are mistreated in captivity.  Because we are good guys and they are bad guys.  it is just such a simple equation.

Oh, and calscuf is the troll daddy of the spin forum.

This is the mentality of most americans. Of course then we would get butthurt when our soldiers are mistreated in captivity. Because we are good guys and they are bad guys. it is just such a simple equation.

Oh, and calscuf is the troll daddy of the spin forum.

I think a lot of us just feel this is so low on the priority list that it really isn't a concern. I am far more concerned about the treatment of people in my own country than I am about the treatment of people who would joyfully murder my children if given the opportunity.

If you don't want to be waterboarded, don't be a terrorist.

I think a lot of us just feel this is so low on the priority list that it really isn't a concern. I am far more concerned about the treatment of people in my own country than I am about the treatment of people who would joyfully murder my children if given the opportunity.

If you don't want to be waterboarded, don't be a terrorist.

The problem is that our enemies will use this to recruit others who will join the powers against us. It's a complete miscalculation by the CIA.

Also, we as a country condemn this type of action yet we use it ourselves? Hypocrisy at its finest.

That would be great if we were not a nation of laws but we are.  I don't think it is that hard to discuss these things nor do I think it is taking time away from what others may deem to be serious matters.  The people you call terrorists being tortured were given no trial so do we even know they are terrorists?  If the CIA is telling us that then there is a solid chance they are lying since that is what they do.

The problem is that our enemies will use this to recruit others who will join the powers against us. It's a complete miscalculation by the CIA.

Also, we as a country condemn this type of action yet we use it ourselves? Hypocrisy at its finest.

I don't think they need this as motivation. The fact that they behead their own people for merely looking in the wrong direction indicates they can recruit just fine by simply informing their recruits that they will get to target westerners.

That being said, I agree with you that the U.S. mostly shouldn't be engaging in torture and should hold itself to the highest standards, if for no other reason than to enlist other nations as allies in support of our positions.

So 93 or 80% were guilty of terrorist activities. Sounds like they rounded up the right guys while erring on the side of caution. Maybe the Justice system failed for the 20%, which is on the President not curbing military on refusing any trial process. But to meet the requirements of finding the combatants in a non uniform wearing army the methods had to be less selective.

The problem probably lies with the increased pressure put on from the higher ups. The notion that if they don't get results, or an attack happens on their watch, they are finished.

I don't think we should vilify the entire CIA though. It undermines the countless american lives they have saved protecting our country.

Some of these people give up their own freedoms, that many Americans take for granted, to serve and protect the US.

It's sad to see them vilified.

Edit: 

I just watched this video so I'm in that "Murica" kind of mood.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202842147799402&pnref=story

Edited by Poozy