• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Winter Meetings Thread

SoWhat

@Alden_Gonzalez :#Angels have gotten some hits on CJ Wilson, but would have to eat some money off contract. Too many other SP options at this point.

I wonder how much "some" is. If JD were able to pull off a CJ trade without having to send over any money I'd say give JD a lifetime extension!

Scott Boras is seeking "multiple years and substantial dollars" for Kendrys Morales.

lol

Boras lost his client millions and millions last year after a more than generous offer from the M's, and is trying to make up for it.  Love it. 

I just don't see a .218/.274/.338/.612 year garnering a multi year deal for substantial dollars.

the worst thing that kendrys ever did, other than jump on home plate, was sign with scott boras. boras is only good for his A-1 clients. middling/good players are better served staying away from boras and jayz, and going with an agent who will focus on them and their needs. as was said, that 3/30 contract was best case scenario for kendrys, other than taking the QO, which i would have accepted.

@JonHeymanCBS theres thought to be some interest in cj wilson. rival execs believe angels likely would have to pay it down from $38M/2

Depending on how much they pay it down I'd say go for it. They would need 2 starters at that point but if they could get someone to take him at 2/28 they'd essentially be freeing $13 million. 13+10 or so million they already have = Lester or Scherzer possibly? Then trade for a 4-5 starter.

Depending on how much they pay it down I'd say go for it. They would need 2 starters at that point but if they could get someone to take him at 2/28 they'd essentially be freeing $13 million. 13+10 or so million they already have = Lester or Scherzer possibly? Then trade for a 4-5 starter.

If we had a starting 4 of Lester, Richards, Weaver and Shoemaker I'd be ok with Santiago or Tropeano going every 5th day.

As I see it right now Wilson is our 5th and is a wildcard everytime he takes the mound. If you can trade in Wilson for Lester it just slides everyone down a slot.

I'm in the boat that thinks we're one solid SP away though.

If we had a starting 4 of Lester, Richards, Weaver and Shoemaker I'd be ok with Santiago or Tropeano going every 5th day.

As I see it right now Wilson is our 5th and is a wildcard everytime he takes the mound. If you can trade in Wilson for Lester it just slides everyone down a slot.

I'm in the boat that thinks we're one solid SP away though.

That's absolutely better than what we currently have. But I'd just feel so much safer with Shoe as the number 5 and Santiago as the long man/emergency starter out of the pen. I'd love to see if they could get Tom Koehler from the Marlins to fill in at the back end.