• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson available for trade...

jordan

He was 13-10 last season. I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe. According to Dipoto ... Wilson works hard on his game.

The way he went out on game 3 against KC was a tough way to go. A walk and two opposite field seeing eye ground balls. He was one strike away from a clean inninng.

I think the guy comes back hungry to prove his worth.

Edited by Troll Daddy

How about C.J. Wilson for Evan Gattis? The Braves could use a starter after losing Santana. 

Gattis is our full time DH, part time C, LF to platoon with Josh Hamilton (against lefties) and Cron is the full time DH when a southpaw is on the hill or at 1B when Pujols needs a day off.

How about C.J. Wilson for Evan Gattis? The Braves could use a starter after losing Santana.

Gattis is our full time DH, part time C, LF to platoon with Josh Hamilton (against lefties) and Cron is the full time DH when a southpaw is on the hill or at 1B when Pujols needs a day off.

Amen to this!

That would be a wonderful dream. Betts is a top 15 prospect though. You find room for talents like that or you trade them for premium talents back(like Hamels or Zimmermann)

Don't see any possible way they would net Betts for Wilson. If that happened, that would catapult to the greatest trade ever by Dipoto and it wouldn't be close

I'd imagine they hold into CJ at least for first half of 2015, and let the youngsters settle in, and keep us with starting rotation depth. Any of these arms can go down with injury, and Shoemaker and Richards could regress, and Tropeano, Santiago, and Heaney are all unknown.

Dipoto has shown an affinity for dealing folks in their contract year, as it seems to allow more teams to negotiate with since there's less financial risk, so I could see a plan in place to let the youngsters develop this year, and trade CJ next offseason when our starting pitching starts becoming a surplus (and to further clear payroll for next year's big FA class) as Skaggs will be back in the fold for 2016, essentially as CJ's replacement.

That also allows CJ to rebuild value this year. Could let us flip him for a piece we need at the deadline.

That would be a wonderful dream. Betts is a top 15 prospect though. You find room for talents like that or you trade them for premium talents back(like Hamels or Zimmermann)

Don't see any possible way they would net Betts for Wilson. If that happened, that would catapult to the greatest trade ever by Dipoto and it wouldn't be close

If this were to happen, a new poll would be immediately created.

If this trade were to be even remotely possible, the Halos would have to kick in most of his salary. It would be interesting to see how Chowds would react to his implosions.

The Diamondbacks have talked about putting Yasmany Tomas at 3B instead of the outfield which would make Jake Lamb available in trade. Additionally Brandon Drury is in the wings as well making Lamb expendable.

Lamb had a .406 OBP across his three seasons in the Minors. Additionally he had a .553 SLG and .321 BA across that time.

He'd be a great 2-spot hitter behind Calhoun and in front of Trout.

Freese is projected for 2.1 WAR while Lamb is projected for 1.6 across 420 PA's. Assuming a platoon where Green or Rutledge picks up the additional 200 AB's, that would be equivalent to what Freese would give. Steamer/600 actually has Lamb at 2.1 WAR.

I'm really high on the kid and would like to see us pick him up and have a real 3B for the first time in a long time. He's controllable through the 2020 season.

The D'Backs have been looking for prospects but also have been looking for pitchers on short term contracts (so they can flip them at the trade deadline for other pieces they need) so Wilson would be a possibility especially as a ground ball pitcher in that park. We could also trade Freese who also could be flipped at the trade deadline for pieces they want. Throw in prospects!

Edited by ettin

The Diamondbacks have talked about putting Yasmany Tomas at 3B instead of the outfield which would make Jake Lamb available in trade. Additionally Brandon Drury is in the wings as well making Lamb expendable.

Lamb had a .406 OBP across his three seasons in the Minors. Additionally he had a .553 SLG and .321 BA across that time.

He'd be a great 2-spot hitter behind Calhoun and in front of Trout.

Freese is projected for 2.1 WAR while Lamb is projected for 1.6 across 420 PA's. Assuming a platoon where Green or Rutledge picks up the additional 200 AB's, that would be equivalent to what Freese would give. Steamer/600 actually has Lamb at 2.1 WAR.

I'm really high on the kid and would like to see us pick him up and have a real 3B for the first time in a long time. He's controllable through the 2020 season.

The D'Backs have been looking for prospects but also have been looking for pitchers on short term contracts (so they can flip them at the trade deadline for other pieces they need) so Wilson would be a possibility especially as a ground ball pitcher in that park. We could also trade Freese who also could be flipped at the trade deadline for pieces they want. Throw in prospects!

I had no idea Tomas could play 3rd.  I like your thinking though with regards to acquiring a young 3b with upside like Lamb.  How about Cecchini from the Red Sox? They have a few guys who could play 3rd ahead of him like Sandoval, Middlebrooks even Hanley/Boagerts are capable of playing there

Cecchini has a good hit tool but he has struggled against LHP. Lamb has minimal platoon splits and he has hit both sides equally well. I was surprised that the D'Backs are considering putting Tomas at 3B but I really do think Lamb is in play.

Not sure the Dbacks would be interested in Wilson now that they have plenty of depth in their rotation

True it may not be as pressing for them now but the two pitchers they got back are both unproven prospects so Wilson might still be in play. It could be a complete non-starter but one can dream can't they? :)

EDIT: Strike that I forgot that De La Rosa has been in the big leagues already. Still a remote possibility but may not be achievable. Might have to do a three team deal to get the D'Backs something they need more and send Wilson to a different team.

A Yankees/Angels/D'Backs scenario could be a possibility where we send Wilson to the Yankees while they send one of their catching prospects to the D'Backs and they send Lamb to us. Something like that.

Edited by ettin