• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick's Value

HaloCory22

I'm guessing Boras will continue to do just fine.  Every year someone seems to bring up that he cost so and so money yet he continues to get big contracts for some of his other clients. 

As far as Kendrick goes I'd be a fan of the Angels extending him if it's for 3 maybe 4 years max as he's signed through next year when he'll turn 32.  His decline won't happen right away but at a point you need to start going in a different direction. 

On a serious note, there's a wide range of speculation about Kendrick's value - and some, I think, are over-valuing him quite a bit (e.g. Jordan Zimmerman). With position players and starters it isn't simply a 1-to-1 swap in terms of WAR. I don't think there's a good formula - because you have to take into account numerous factors such as age, money, and health. Wei-Yin Chen isn't quite adequate, in my mind, but isn't so outlandish. Chen and Zimmerman represent the possible range of trade possibilities. With Chen the Orioles would have to throw at least a grade B prospect in, while with Zimmerman the Angels would have to throw something in. Doug Fister might be a closer one-to-one trade.

This one makes sense for both sides in my opinion. The Angels have lots of SP depth but it's bottom heavy. There are legitimate concerns that CJ and Weav are more #4/5 starters at this point, which when combined with Santiago, Tropeano, Rasmus and Rucinski, it gives the Angels a lot of backend option, but nothing in the middle or front outside of Richards and Shoe.

They could use a #3 starter and Chen is that guy.

As for the O's, they're going to need the offense with Markakis and Cruz departing via FA. I'm really not sure why the O's said no unless the Angels are asking for prospects on top or if the O's see something in Schoop no one else does.

I fully expect Kendrick to be dealt for a good pitcher within the next 3 weeks.

wei yin chen is quite a bit better than you guys are giving him credit for. it was a good move on dipoto's part to try and get him because he has little name value, that belie his stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/chenwe02.shtml

broke in to the major leagues throwing 192 innings of 4.02 ball. his first year. had a good 2nd year that was curtailed some by minor injuries. right back at 200 innings level last year with excellent numbers all around. 

i think it would have been a very underrated steal if we could have got him. especially, if he was resigned.

wei yin chen is quite a bit better than you guys are giving him credit for. it was a good move on dipoto's part to try and get him because he has little name value, that belie his stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/chenwe02.shtml

broke in to the major leagues throwing 192 innings of 4.02 ball. his first year. had a good 2nd year that was curtailed some by minor injuries. right back at 200 innings level last year with excellent numbers all around. 

i think it would have been a very underrated steal if we could have got him. especially, if he was resigned.

Boras client, might not have happened lol. Although maybe they could target him next offseason? Who knows 

first of all, Weaver is not a 4/5.  Because if he is, then Wei-Yen Chen is a 6/7.  

Richards is a legit 1 and probably a 2 at worst

Weaver is a 2/3

Shoe pitched like a 2 last year.  Whether he can do it again is the big question.  

I don't feel like Chen is as good as any of those 3 and not a ton better than the plethora of those that will be vying for back end slots.  Santiago, Trop, Wilson maybe Rasmus.  

I just don't know how adding to the back end of the rotation makes up for the downgrade from Kendrick to Green.