• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Out on Lester

SoWhat

Yep, I find that to be much more likely. As much as I'd like to see the Angels get him, Jeff Fletcher was pretty convincing that the Angels won't be pursuing any top tier arms.

Dipoto did say he wanted to upgrade the top of the rotation. The only way to do that is to sign an arm through free agency.

The dodgers make more sense, but st the same time they dont. Ive heard rumors about their being less than thrilled about the luxury tax, and theyre heading towards the 3rd of with a few more on the books. I know their ownership is super rich, but from what i understand the tax is 'bugging' them (vs hindering them)

So sure, they absolutely can afford him. (All 30 teams can). I just thought theyd be alowing down on mega deals for a bit.

The Angels studied his past two years worth of starts once the offseason hit, looking for something, anything. They couldn't find a single thing wrong. Everyone agreed, he'll age gracefully. But I haven't heard anything about him for weeks.

I believe the Angels are in on him, but only if a perfect storm happens and he lands in their lap. Yeah, he's a "top" of the rotation guy Dipoto is looking for, and yeah he won't cost a draft pick and yeah, we can save our prospects. But the Angels simply don't have the money.

The Angels studied his past two years worth of starts once the offseason hit, looking for something, anything. They couldn't find a single thing wrong. Everyone agreed, he'll age gracefully. But I haven't heard anything about him for weeks.

I believe the Angels are in on him, but only if a perfect storm happens and he lands in their lap. Yeah, he's a "top" of the rotation guy Dipoto is looking for, and yeah he won't cost a draft pick and yeah, we can save our prospects. But the Angels simply don't have the money.

Mmm me thinks it's a difference between wanting to the spend the money over having the money. Unless you're talking strictly about the luxury tax threshold.