• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Non-Tender Beckham, LeBlanc and Herrera

tomsred

All 3 are good depth options, just depends on price. They would all know that there is a decent chance for a place in the majors at some stage through the year (Not ideally for the team eg.injury etc, but Beckham being a given for a bench role).

Edited by NachoPop

of those listed -- perhaps LeBlanc........but then he may have better offers from others........

but with the Halos rotation issues right now -- they must be locked in on a rotation guy right now for a F/A or trade to just let LeBlanc go -- perhaps they feel they can sign him for less.

Here's the list of all the mlb players that were non tendered.

Now that the dust has settled, let’s take a look back and see which players were ultimately non-tendered. The following is a list of the game’s newest group of free agents (and their former clubs):

Position Players

– John Baker, Cubs

– Gordon Beckham, Angels

– Kyle Blanks, Athletics

– Andrew Brown, Athletics

– Everth Cabrera, Padres

– Daniel Descalso, Cardinals

– Andy Dirks, Blue Jays

– Juan Francisco, Red Sox

– Slade Heathcott, Yankees

– John Mayberry, Blue Jays

– Carlos Rivero, Mariners

– Adam Rosales, Rangers

– Gaby Sanchez, Pirates

– Justin Smoak, Blue Jays

– Eric Young, Mets

Pitchers

– Brandon Beachy, Braves

– Francisley Bueno, Royals

– Jose Campos, Yankees

– Scott Carroll, White Sox

– Yoslan Herrera, Angels

– David Huff, Yankees

– Michael Kirkman, Rangers

– Wade LeBlanc, Angels

– Kris Medlen, Braves

– Alexi Ogando, Rangers

– Logan Ondrusek, Reds

– Curtis Partch, Reds

– Chaz Roe, Pirates

– Gus Schlosser, Braves

– Kraig Sitton, Rockies

– Scott Snodgress, White Sox

– Wesley Wright, Cubs

I'm genuinely surprised they non-tendered LeBlanc. I'll explain my reasoning more of why I thought they would keep him in Part IV of the Primer. I suspect two things: One, and the less likely, is that there was some type of medical or performance issue that I as an outsider was unaware of or two, and the more likely, is that the Angels have a trade ready to go for another MLB level starter and LeBlanc, who is out of options, was a casualty of that decision. I sincerely hope that they are able to sign him to a Minor League deal.

I'm genuinely surprised they non-tendered LeBlanc. I'll explain my reasoning more of why I thought they would keep him in Part IV of the Primer. I suspect two things: One, and the less likely, is that there was some type of medical or performance issue that I as an outsider was unaware of or two, and the more likely, is that the Angels have a trade ready to go for another MLB level starter and LeBlanc, who is out of options, was a casualty of that decision. I sincerely hope that they are able to sign him to a Minor League deal.

Being out of options it makes sense to non tender LeBlanc.  He is far from a lock on the 25 man roster.  How come the non tendered Herrera.  He couldn't be very expensive and couldn't he be valuable for depth?

Edited by stormngt

I'd love to see LeBlanc and Herrera resigned to minor league contracts, keep them in the organization, but have the roster spots open to try and upgrade. Imagine if they signed a starter (maybe Medlen or something along those lines), got a lefty reliever to take Herrera's spot, signed a new utility player, a left handed bat to platoon with Cron, AND resigned LeBlanc and Herrera. Depth up the wazoo. This is the beginning of one of the deepest Angels teams I've been able to see in my life. Now if only Wilson and Hamilton can stay healthy and rebound. 

Being out of options it makes sense to non tender LeBlanc. He is far from a lock on the 25 man roster. How come the non tendered Herrera. He couldn't be very expensive and couldn't he be valuable for depth?

AO is right about the depth and quality of the bullpen. However I suspect that one other reason the Angels non-tendered him is that they feel they can re-sign him to a Minor League deal and free up the roster spot to either a) Acquire a new player as part of a trade or B) use the roster spot to acquire a Rule V player, possibly a young reliever like they did with Brian Moran (forget the TJS result), and insert him into their bullpen.

If Moran hadn't had the surgery he would have likely been a good bullpen option for us so I think the Angels will try to cheaply grab another needed reliever this year as well.

AO is right about the depth and quality of the bullpen. However I suspect that one other reason the Angels non-tendered him is that they feel they can re-sign him to a Minor League deal and free up the roster spot to either a) Acquire a new player as part of a trade or B) use the roster spot to acquire a Rule V player, possibly a young reliever like they did with Brian Moran (forget the TJS result), and insert him into their bullpen.

If Moran hadn't had the surgery he would have likely been a good bullpen option for us so I think the Angels will try to cheaply grab another needed reliever this year as well.

I think you're right....Beckham was about money, LeBlanc was about roster space....

@Alden_Gonzalez: Source: #Angels have agreed to bring back RH Yoslan Herrera, who was non-tendered yesterday. Minor League deal w/ Spring Training invite.

Good move IMO, nothing flashy but it's nice to keep him in the organization without taking up a roster spot. Depth, depth, depth. Now try and resign LeBlanc to a minor league deal. 

I think Beckham gets better offers and signs elsewhere -- Halos simply did not want to utilize $5 million plus for that roster spot/ role.

I would imagine Le Blanc will be pursued by the Halos (and perhaps other clubs).....he can help some one.......he can help the Halos thin rotation in the first half of the season. Perhaps even a 4-A guy - but he'll likely get better MLB offers.

Herrera, it's been reported, has been signed to a minor league deal and invited to ST - he can earn a back end of the pen spot, perhaps. Or AAA depth.

I'd be fine with Grant Green assuming the 3B/ MIF bench depth role that Beckham helped fill. Green can also play OF if necessary.