• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mystery team in on Lester

KevinJ14

anybody else not understand the pediatric cancer comment? that went right over my head apparently.

I tried to figure it out. Only sports teams I saw on their website was New York Jets and Giants, hence I went with the Mets. Plus his agent's HQ are in Brooklyn. Seems like the best place for Lester to raise money (New York).

I tried to figure it out. Only sports teams I saw on their website was New York Jets and Giants, hence I went with the Mets. Plus his agent's HQ are in Brooklyn. Seems like the best place for Lester to raise money (New York).

Mets make no sense unless they offer him an obscene amount of money. They're not good, and won't be for a while. It's not like HE is going to push them over the top by himself. Yankees I could see, but I don't see him pulling a Johnny Damon. Scherzer to the Yankees is almost a lock anyways. My mystery team is the Marlins. They've proven now, they're willing to shell out large amounts of money to sign certain people (see the race for Pujols, Wilson) and need pitching. They're not super far off from competing, they've got a good young core and they have a decent manager at the helm.

I think the mystery team is the Seattle Mariners. 

It could be ... Lester being a local boy and all (Tacoma WA). But there has really been no mention of Lester by any M's sources .... then again, that would defeat the purpose of being labeled a "mystery team".

Mets make no sense unless they offer him an obscene amount of money. They're not good, and won't be for a while. It's not like HE is going to push them over the top by himself. Yankees I could see, but I don't see him pulling a Johnny Damon. Scherzer to the Yankees is almost a lock anyways. My mystery team is the Marlins. They've proven now, they're willing to shell out large amounts of money to sign certain people (see the race for Pujols, Wilson) and need pitching. They're not super far off from competing, they've got a good young core and they have a decent manager at the helm.

Lester - Harvey - Wheeler - DeGrom - Syndergaard would be pretty damn good. 

why would seattle sign him?  they can pitch, they can't hit

What other good free agent bats are left?

As was stated on the first page ... signing Lester allows us to trade Iwakuma for Cespedes ... or (I hope not) Walker for Upton. Dunno what can happen, but signings can open new windows.

I had already heard the Marlins mentioned in connection with Max Scherzer, so this wouldn't shock me.

I don't see the Angels giving Lester a monster deal after passing up on Greinke. 

They didn't pass on Greinke. They got outbid by a team that is completely out of control dishing out ridiculous contracts. Plus that was 2 offseasons ago now. I'm not seeing why that matters right now. At that time there was still hope for Wilson being a top 3 starter. It's pretty obvious that hope is gone at this point.

i still think you're probably right, but...

i just read about an altercation between donaldson and beane last season, and if it's to be trusted, i think beane was planning on shoving donaldson out the door pretty much no matter what.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report--josh-donaldson-clashed-with-billy-beane-before-trade-005754140.html

all of that said, let's hope that lester ends up in the NL i guess

Wasn't Donaldson one of the A's walking wounded by the end of the year? It might have helped them to give him a couple days off.

They didn't pass on Greinke. They got outbid by a team that is completely out of control dishing out ridiculous contracts. Plus that was 2 offseasons ago now. I'm not seeing why that matters right now. At that time there was still hope for Wilson being a top 3 starter. It's pretty obvious that hope is gone at this point.

Didn't Greinke say the Angels never made an offer?

i think the donaldson story is bs. he's a gamer, with no history of being "injury" prone. if your best player, or any player for that matter, tells the manager in a respectful way that he needs a break, then give the mother****er a break.