• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UAB ends football program

I despise Nick "I will not now nor will ever be the Alabama FB coach" Saban.

UAB is the first D-1 school to drop FB since UOP in 1995.

Even crazier, UAB is bowl eligible at 6-6. 

Does a bowl committee take them as a sympathy selection?

This happens, even as their current coach has begun to turn the program around (from 23-61 prior to his arrival to 6-6 in this his 2nd season), and attendance has doubled since his arrival to over 20,000 on average.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

One article I read said that the Alabama Regents prevented the school from taking a couple of actions which might have forever altered the future of the program: Building a new stadium, and hiring Jimbo Fisher as head coach (before he caught on at Florida State).

They decline to approve Jimbo's contract because of money. The uab coach before him made more. Real reason was they thought bama was gonna land fisher as OC.

• 3 years later...
On December 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Angel Oracle said:

I hope the scum Saban leaves Bama holding the bag one day. 

Would serve Bama right to have a few 6-6 seasons!

how's that going? 

btw, in only their 2nd year back, UAB is 9-3 and playing for a conference title today.

thanks, Nick!

image.gif