• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

If humans were born with 3 or 4 fingers per hand.  Would mathematics be based on the number 6 and 8 and not 10?

The decimal system was created in Asia around 3000 years ago, then via the Egyptians and Phoenicians was brought to Europe around the time of the early Roman empire. I can't remember where I learned this but apparently we counted in 6's before that, hence 60 seconds and 60 minutes, a dozen, a gross etc are all divisible by 6.

Interesting thought though.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So the trash truck didn't come in the morning like usual, but instead in the afternoon.  He picked up the green bin, which is yard waste.  Then he picked up the black bin, which is trash.  

So why do we separate if it's just going to the landfill?

We are modeling better behavior. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So the trash truck didn't come in the morning like usual, but instead in the afternoon.  He picked up the green bin, which is yard waste.  Then he picked up the black bin, which is trash.  

So why do we separate if it's just going to the landfill?

Yard waste doesn't go to a landfill.

Speaking of trash, we had to have our bathroom floor refurbished this week as it had been damaged beyond salvation from years of poor plumbing. Got home from work and decided to roll our trash cans out to the curb. I think our regular trash can must have weighed 200+ pounds with all the trash from the ok’d bathroom floor. Wasn’t sure I’d be able to roll it all the way to the street. 

they also filled our green trash can with refurbishment trash. I was worried the driver would notice and report us or refuse to take it, but he emptied both cans without a problem. 

8 hours ago, True Grich said:

When did it become okay for non-service dogs to be in grocery stores?

i've seen them in banks and restaurants, too. saw some nutjob with her precious little mimi leaning over the counter at chipotle one time and wondered why in the world is this okay? what if someone is allergic? what if the dog loses its mud and bites someone? what if it takes a dump or a piss inside?

i'm more than ready for this trend to be shut down. leave your dog at home.