• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

On 2/25/2021 at 8:08 AM, st1ckboy said:

I moved out a few months ago. I got tired of him shanking golf balls off my shed. I now have a studio in the city. 

stick left so quickly that he forgot to take his shoes.

157697363_10224365858685286_4006337171223013904_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Tank said:

for @Lou

March 7, 1952: West Indian cricketer Viv Richards, who earned the nickname “Master Blaster” as arguably the finest batsman of his generation, was born in Antigua.

i'm reasonably sure you already knew this.

No, i did not. 

That's because the Master Blaster was Sachin Tendulkar.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

No, i did not. 

That's because the Master Blaster was Sachin Tendulkar.

Hey guys, actually you are both correct. Viv Richards was the original 'Master Blaster' and the 'Little Master' Tendulkar also gained the nickname 'Master Blaster' later in his career.

Both were exceptional, generational talents.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Tendulkar was better.

@Lou That's a fair opinion. Tendulkar was more difficult to get out, more technically gifted, but Richards had more devastating power and was a lot more attacking. He would take a game away from the opposition in a single session whereas Sachin would just bleed the opposition for runs session after session after session and gave very few chances. Different eras too. It's fun to ruminate over though, a little like comparing Ruth or Williams to Trout and Bonds.

As a fan watching I dreaded seeing both at the crease against England, but throughly enjoyed watching them both do their thing against others (my own batting stance mirrors Sachin's high backlift as the ball is played). Would love to see what they would have become in the modern era with all the innovations 20/20 cricket has brought to the game.

How did you get into cricket Lou? It's rare to find an American that is knowledgeable on the subject. 

Edited by WicketMaiden

2 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

That's a fair opinion. Tendulkar was more difficult to get out, more technically gifted, but Richards had more devastating power and was a lot more attacking. He would take a game away from the opposition in a single session whereas Sachin would just bleed the opposition for runs session after session after session and gave very few chances. Different eras too. It's fun to ruminate over though, a little like comparing Ruth or Williams to Trout and Bonds.

As a fan watching I dreaded seeing both at the crease against England, but throughly enjoyed watching them both do their thing against others (my own batting stance mirrors Sachin's high backlift as the ball is played). Would love to see what they would have become in the modern era with all the innovations 20/20 cricket has brought to the game.

How did you get into cricket Lou? It's rare to find an American that is knowledgeable on the subject. 

If you are looking for Lou try typing @Lou and click on his name like I did in the above post.

Edited by Redondo

@WicketMaiden

Just kidding.

The reason I got interested in cricket is because I was scouring streaming sites one day and came across Sky Sports Cricket and realized I had no idea what was going on. I asked my friends if anyone understood the game and not one of them did. So, i started watching, learned the rules and enjoyed it. When the pandemic hit, I found myself watching a lot, especially since I'm up very late. 

I like watching guys like Kane, Khan and especially Jofra, play. 

Test matches can be a bit much at times. 20/20 and ODI's are more my style. 

Plus, I love the funny accents.

Ha ha, sounds very similar to how I got into baseball, one has to be a night owl to follow the Angels over here. 

You do have to be really into cricket to genuinely enjoy a 5 day test match, it is the best form of the game though, the toughest test for sure. The games need to be a lot closer than the recent debacle England served up in India though. Sheesh, that was men against boys at times.

20/20 is really fun though and has transformed the other forms of the game with bat and ball, some of the innovative shots are fantastic and a real spectacle. The Indian Premier League starts on April 9th and that's probably the highest standard of 20/20 cricket worldwide, possibly even a higher standard than the Internationals. You will need to be an early riser for that though @Lou as most games start at 6am California time. Nice choice of players btw. 

40 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yeah, I can definitely appreciate test matches. The chase by India to beat Australia in January was phenomenal. 

Now THAT was test cricket at its best. Hoping The Ashes series at the end of the year follows suit.

The world 20/20 world cup is in India later this year too, (just before The Ashes) so it's quite a year for top-level cricket. Should be fun to watch. And I'm sure Shilpa will get some media work in the world cup too, very pretty lady indeed.

35 minutes ago, Tank said:

so all this time @Lou was actually being serious? 

ice cube friday movie GIF

Hey @Tank, if you've never tried watching cricket try the IPL this year, it's a fun game with lots of action. And if you're not sure then at least consider this - in cricket not only are you allowed to hit the batsmen with a 90mph hard 5oz projectile, but you are actively encouraged to do so. 

3 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Hey @Tank, if you've never tried watching cricket try the IPL this year, it's a fun game with lots of action. And if you're not sure then at least consider this - in cricket not only are you allowed to hit the batsmen with a 90mph hard 5oz projectile, but you are actively encouraged to do so. 

Thanks for the invite.

hey @Lou where do you find matches to watch?