• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton 2012

Troll Daddy

Let's not forget he is only 33 years old. He's a five time all star and has 3 silver slugger awards. I know it's hard to be positive about him but get over it. You don't have to like him but it doesn't hurt to root for him.

G 148 AB 562

R 103 H 160

2B 31 3B 2

HR 43 RBI 128

BA .285 OBP .354

SLG .577 OPS .931

BB 60 SO 162

SB 7 CS 4

SB% .64

The only thing that bothers me about him is that none of us has seen that guy since 2012.  Not even for a minute.

Well, I guess you could count the week or so this April before he got hurt as a "minute"....he actually looked pretty good...don't think I would count on that again though, even for a short period.....

Can everyone stop using "All Star" as an indicator of performance. Whether or not a player is an AS or not has no bearing on his production or value to a team.

That's an over-statement. If they are a current all star more than likely you have a positive impact on your team. Sure there's the Jeters, but more often than not they are having a good season.

That's an over-statement. If they are a current all star more than likely you have a positive impact on your team. Sure there's the Jeters, but more often than not they are having a good season.

I think if someone is a perennial all-star, that probably means that he's a pretty good player.

Either that, or he plays for a perennially bad team and happens to be the best player on that team.

As of October 1st this year, Josh Hamilton flat out sucked at baseball. He's been "not good" for two years now, but it got to the point where he couldn't hit, couldn't key on pitches and was garbage in LF.

I anticipate a .250 25 HR performance left in him, but there's simply no way to be optimistic about him at all.

Let's not forget he is only 33 years old. He's a five time all star and has 3 silver slugger awards. I know it's hard to be positive about him but get over it. You don't have to like him but it doesn't hurt to root for him.

G 148 AB 562

R 103 H 160

2B 31 3B 2

HR 43 RBI 128

BA .285 OBP .354

SLG .577 OPS .931

BB 60 SO 162

SB 7 CS 4

SB% .64

Why would I root for a player that does not care about the fans?  He lost any hope for me to be positive when he dismissed the one reason the game continues to exist on a national level.  It is the fans and thier money that allow him to make boat-loads of money to perform poorly.

I would like forget that Josh Hamilton is still an Angel, regardless of his age.

I think most Angels fans are rooting for him.  Nobody wants him to do poorly for the Angels, but the reality is that he will most likely continue to do so.  As long as Hamilton is wearing an Angels uniform I will hope for him to do well.  However, I have disliked Josh well before he came to the Angels and wouldn't like him even if he hit 160 RBI and 70 HR next year.  Sure I would be stoked for the production, but the guy is a narcissistic loser who has made excuses for years and pissed off fans everywhere he has been.  I wouldn't expect many people to outwardly cheer for him though.  He made it very clear he doesn't care about the fans anyways.

G 148 AB 562

R 103 H 160

2B 31 3B 2

HR 43 RBI 128

BA .285 OBP .354

SLG .577 OPS .931

BB 60 SO 162

SB 7 CS 4

SB% .64

I root for him every time he goes to the plate.  I just wished I had more confidence in him doing something when he gets to the plate.

G 148 AB 562

R 103 H 160

2B 31 3B 2

HR 43 RBI 128

BA .285 OBP .354

SLG .577 OPS .931

BB 60 SO 162

SB 7 CS 4

SB% .64

Cool post--if this was 2012.  Too bad we're heading into the 2015 season.  Past performance isn't relevant.

The only thing that bothers me about him is that none of us has seen that guy since 2012.  Not even for a minute.

Actually we did in the second half of the 2013 season and the first two weeks of the 2014 season before he got injured.

Actually we did in the second half of the 2013 season and the first two weeks of the 2014 season before he got injured.

It wasn't even for the whole second half of 2013.  He was hot in September.  That's really about it.  He hit 6 HR that July, but otherwise had a bad month (.238 avg., .286 OBP).  In August, he was at .273/.339/.437.  Then, in September, he didn't hit for much HR power, but otherwise had a good month:  .323/.366/.484.  Wrap all of that up, and you get a post-All-Star OPS of .801.  Pretty good, but not really anything to write home about.

It wasn't even for the whole second half of 2013.  He was hot in September.  That's really about it.  He hit 6 HR that July, but otherwise had a bad month (.238 avg., .286 OBP).  In August, he was at .273/.339/.437.  Then, in September, he didn't hit for much HR power, but otherwise had a good month:  .323/.366/.484.  Wrap all of that up, and you get a post-All-Star OPS of .801.  Pretty good, but not really anything to write home about.

And if he posted anything near an .801 OPS for an entire season, we'd be in damn good shape.

That said, I think it's best to project low and hope for the best with regards to Hamilton.