• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All 30 MLB stadiums ranked

MVTrout

I have a goal of getting to all MLB stadiums eventually.

So far, I've been to Safeco (nice place, great location, good food--sure beats the hell out of what was there before--the Kingdome absolutely sucked), Dodger Stadium (looks and feels like its age...not to mention it's full of Dodger fans), Angel Stadium (my second home for much of my formative years, but haven't been since 2003), Petco (absolutely love the place), Coors (it's a fun place, and it's surrounded by bars, so...it's a fun place), Kauffman (pretty nice, but aging), Globe Life Ameriquest Ballpark at Arlington next to Six Flags (meh, it's in Texas), and Fenway (say what you will, it is an experience, and Sawx fans crack me up).

I've been to:

Cooperstown (Hall of Fame)

Old Yankee stadium (Yankees)

Fenway (Red Sox)

Wrigley (Cubs)

Oakland Colisseum (A's)

Qualcomm (Padres)

Petco (Padres)

Dodger Stadium (Dodgers)

Tropicana Field (Rays)

The Metrodome (Twins)

The Kingdome (Mariners)

Safeco (Mariners)

Bank One Ballpark (Diamondbacks) Not sure what it is called now.

Really enjoyed Fenway. Seats were tight but the food was amazing. The atmosphere before the game in and around the ballpark was pretty festive. Angels swept and Lackey had a no hitter going into the eighth, I believe. (For the Angels)

Old Yankee stadium was a garbage dump. Hot dog's weren't ready until the third inning. But the angels swept the Yankees and their fans were pretty cool actually. My son and I have concluded that Boston and Yankee fans are fine when they are at home. Southern California Boston and Yankee fans are just trying to uphold their perceived reputations.

Been to all 30 current ballparks. (Completed my dance card back in '12 at Target Field.) Honestly, unlike a generation ago there really aren't very many bad ballparks left. Oakland, maybe Tropicana Field, although they've done about as much as they can there. Other than that, most stadiums are pretty good. Here's my personal top 5:

1. Petco Park

2. Camden Yards

3. Safeco Field

4. AT&T Park

5. Target Field

One more thing: Both Fenway and Wrigley are terrific environments and, though I'm a traditionalist at heart, the ballparks themselves are just old. But I'm glad both are still around and hope they are for a long time. No two teams in sports are more tied to their facilities than the Red Sox and Cubs.

I've been to the following (in order of favorites):

1.  Fenway

2.  Kauffman Stadium (under-rated, IMO)

3.  Petco Park

4.   AT&T

5.   Wrigley Field

6.   Safeco Field

7.   Coors Field

8.   Chase Field

9.   Angels Stadium

10. Globe Life Park (too big)

11. Old Yankee Stadium

12. U.S Celluar

13. Dodger Stadium

14. Shea

15. Candlestick Park

16. Metrodome

17. Oakland

I've also been to the King Dome and Jack Murphy stadiums, but not for baseball games.

The concourse at Chase, Petco and Safeco are very similar in design and feel. 

I really do love Petco a great deal even though I ranked it third.  I make it a point to get there at least once a year.

Edited by True Grich

I've been to:

Cooperstown (Hall of Fame)

Old Yankee stadium (Yankees)

Fenway (Red Sox)

Wrigley (Cubs)

Oakland Colisseum (A's)

Qualcomm (Padres)

Petco (Padres)

Dodger Stadium (Dodgers)

Tropicana Field (Rays)

The Metrodome (Twins)

The Kingdome (Mariners)

Safeco (Mariners)

Bank One Ballpark (Diamondbacks) Not sure what it is called now.

Really enjoyed Fenway. Seats were tight but the food was amazing. The atmosphere before the game in and around the ballpark was pretty festive. Angels swept and Lackey had a no hitter going into the eighth, I believe. (For the Angels)

Old Yankee stadium was a garbage dump. Hot dog's weren't ready until the third inning. But the angels swept the Yankees and their fans were pretty cool actually. My son and I have concluded that Boston and Yankee fans are fine when they are at home. Southern California Boston and Yankee fans are just trying to uphold their perceived reputations.

When Chase (scumbags...ahem) bought BankOne, they also bought the naming rights for that stadium, so it's now Chase Field.

I mentioned that I had been to the old Kingdome, but I'd also been to the Murph (or the Q) many times, and the old Busch (the new one was under construction at the time). The Murph was cool and all, but definitely had that multipurpose feel. Old Busch was nice, but also round in that multipurpose bland way. New Busch seems to be much more aesthetically pleasing.

I've been too PNC, Kaufman, Petco, Dodgers Stadium, Safeco, Wrigley, Chase stadium and of course Angel Stadium. I have also been in Busch Stadium when there was no game going on.

PNC was the best stadium out of all of them.

If you ever have a chance.......go to a college world series game in Omaha. The Ameritrade Park of Omaha is amazing and the atmosphere is even better.

Here is a photo I took when I went.

IMAG0047.jpg

Edited by Vladfan

I've been too PNC, Kaufman, Petco, Dodgers Stadium, Safeco, Wrigley and of course Angel Stadium.

PNC was the best stadium out of all of them.

If you ever have a chance.......go to a college world series game in Omaha. The Ameritrade Park of Omaha is amazing and the atmosphere is even better.

Here is a photo I took when I went.

IMAG0047.jpg

Just curious, do the Omaha Stormchasers (AAA) play there as well?

No, but I do enjoy history and baseball heritage, which Fenway is rich in.

History and baseball heritage -- is that like aura and mystique or just superfan talk?    Once you've been there more than once and soaked in the "history and baseball heritage", the place smells of urine and is uncomfortable.   

Here is my subjective experiences:

Miller Park (love eating at Fridays in left field before the game; good beer; beautiful architecture)

Angels Stadium (I love the Angels!; and it is a safe place; rock outfield is cheesy)

ATT (I like it's location; and I like the right field seats)

Wrigley (for the history and fan's enthusiasm)

Qualcom (Old Padre's stadium; caught a foul ball and seats felt like you were right next to the action).

The Jake (Good pubs around the field; neat outfield walls; but getting run-down)

US Cellular (It was more clean than I thought it was going to be?)

Anaheim Stadium (I love the Angels!; but the pre-rennovated football stadium was cookie-cutter bad)

Chavez Ravine (old in 1991; ancient now)

Old Oakland Stadium (5$ bleacher seats were pretty cool to see the hated A's when they were good in the 1980s; plus you were just as close to the action in the bleachers as you were on the 1st or 3rd base sidelines)

Al Davis's Football Oakland Stadium (embarrassing).

Edited by NorCal Halo

I've been to Fenway twice and it didn't smell like urine to me. The fans were just fine and although the seats were small - I like the uniqueness of the ball park. I even took a tour.  Every time I've gone, I've managed to get up on the walk way above the Green Monster which is a cool experience.  I'd gladly go again.

All baseball fans should try to get to Fenway and Wrigley if they have a chance, but I would put them in the bottom half of stadiums I've been to.  

I don't understand the appeal of Dodger Stadium.  

I'd rate Citizens Bank Park and Nationals Park higher.

Angel Stadium at #23 seems fair.  It just doesn't compare well to most, if not all, of the newer parks.  

Out of my limited experiences

Kauffman (It's the small touches like the concessions underneath the field level and the HOF. Great fans.)

Petco (Expensive but a nice experience).

Dodgers (If only because doesn't have the put together using spare parts look the Big A has. But the fans and the parking...)

Big A (Best features of park, weather and location, seem independent of ballpark itself.)

Chase (Probably about the best ballpark they could have considering the harsh requirements the summers in Phoenix present)

I really really need to make a road trip to Coors Field next season. Maybe to Arlington soon.

I've been to Fenway twice and it didn't smell like urine to me. The fans were just fine and although the seats were small - I like the uniqueness of the ball park. I even took a tour.  Every time I've gone, I've managed to get up on the walk way above the Green Monster which is a cool experience.  I'd gladly go again.

The current ownership has from what I understand done a lot to make it better but yeah -- it definitely smelled of urine and or rank beer ....  I'm willing to bet that wasn't the case all over the park but the dozen+ times I've been there the smell was pretty bad.  I preferred the old Comiskey and Tiger stadiums over Fenway.