• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Dipoto Doesn't Make Any More Moves...

Angelsjunky

Of course the other teams aren't the same. Still doesn't change the fact that I think this is a very good team that can win 95+ games if they stay healthy.

The division was pretty tough this year too, probably the toughest in the majors. It will probably be tougher next year for sure. The Angels just need to worry about staying afloat against the good teams while pounding the crappy ones.

So are you putting the over/under for wins at 95?

You make it sound like Pujols and Hamilton had down years. Pujols is not getting better. Best we can hope is that he maintains the same. Hamilton may improve but it is just as likely he is done. Remember it wasn't on bad year for him but back to back years that were poor. It is wishful thinking that Wilson would be any more than a backend starter.

I agree that this was Trout's worse year but his first two were historical. Are you suggesting we are going to continue to get historical years?

Iannetta, Aybar, Kendrick, Calhoun, Cowgil and Shoemaker are more likely to regress instead of improve.

You are right about the improved bullpen .

like I said I a pessimistic. Not saying I am right. Just pessimistic. I would like a middle order bat in order to move Hamilton down. I would like a starter pitcher to hedge on Wilson imploding.

Like I said I am pessimistic.

Id be curious to know what makes you think Shoemaker, Kendrick, Aybar, Calhoun, Ianetta, and Cowgill are going to regress next season.  

You make it sound like Pujols and Hamilton had down years. Pujols is not getting better. Best we can hope is that he maintains the same. Hamilton may improve but it is just as likely he is done. Remember it wasn't on bad year for him but back to back years that were poor. It is wishful thinking that Wilson would be any more than a backend starter.

I agree that this was Trout's worse year but his first two were historical. Are you suggesting we are going to continue to get historical years?

Iannetta, Aybar, Kendrick, Calhoun, Cowgil and Shoemaker are more likely to regress instead of improve.

You are right about the improved bullpen .

like I said I a pessimistic. Not saying I am right. Just pessimistic. I would like a middle order bat in order to move Hamilton down. I would like a starter pitcher to hedge on Wilson imploding.

Like I said I am pessimistic.

Who are you and what have you done with Storm?

Id be curious to know what makes you think Shoemaker, Kendrick, Aybar, Calhoun, Ianetta, and Cowgill are going to regress next season.  

Career years!  True Shoemaker and Calhoun only had one year.  Kendrick may not have been a career year, but it was definitely one of  his best...same with Aybar.  Iannetta it was a career year and Cowgill played much better than he did in previous years.

Add to the fact that everyone is one year older!

Career years!  True Shoemaker and Calhoun only had one year.  Kendrick may not have been a career year, but it was definitely one of  his best...same with Aybar.  Iannetta it was a career year and Cowgill played much better than he did in previous years.

Add to the fact that everyone is one year older!

Not sure I agree with your logic.  Shoemaker was arguably the best pitcher in the AL during the 2nd half of the season.  His peripherals dont suggest he was just getting lucky, he was dominant in his postseason start coming back from injury.  He may not be Felix Hernandez like he was last season, but he can still be an ace in the Majors.  Kendrick and Aybar are both in their prime, I dont think either ever really reached their full potential.  They dont have any nagging injuries that we know of, at the very least next season should once again be solid for the two of them.  I think Kendrick could actually improve next season offensively.  

Last year Ianetta posted his 4th highest OPS of his career, that wasnt his best season.  Calhoun is only 27, and hasnt even had 1000 ab's yet in his career.  He has yet to reach his full potential.  Cowgill is a 4th outfielder.  We have Navarro and Green waiting if Cowgill does regress.  

Im sure there could be some guys that regress next season, but the choices you suggested are kind of bizarre.  You picked a mix of young players just hitting their prime, and some consistent veterans who have produced every year for a while.  If every player that has a career year is expected to regress then I guess the M's will be the worst team in the division next year and the Astros should be the favorites.  

95 wins as long as Hamilton gets hurt in Spring Training, misses the entire year, forcing the Angels to get a productive left fielder.

Oh great, now we are back to wishing for injuries.  Quite frankly, I hope no one gets injured.  Realistically it will happen, and probably to players who play everyday because they have the most exposure.

I wonder what deal he is going to make that people here would actually like

He's signed big names, we boitch when they do have all world years...

He's signed role players, and we get endless posts of "the piece"

Hes made sold trades and we bitch about what we gave up...

I mean aside from getting an ace for a bench guy.. whats he gonna do what most here wont bag on?

Who?