• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rupert Murdoch Defends White 'Exodus' Cast and Stirs Twitter Backlash

gotbeer

We're not ready to embrace the fact that our religious figures were not Caucasians. Too traumatic for 21st Century sensitivities.

I think Ridley Scott has a more plausible explanation.

Scott also defended Exodus’ white cast by saying, “I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such…I’m just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn’t even come up.”

Why is it wrong to have a cast that doesn't have black people? Doesn't matter what kind of movie it is. There are a ton of movies with no Asians, Indians, or German people. I don't see them complaining. Weird world this has become....

Bollywood has the Indian market pretty well covered.

I think Ridley Scott has a more plausible explanation.

Scott also defended Exodus’ white cast by saying, “I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such…I’m just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn’t even come up.”

Mohammed so-and-so was great in that one role  where he played the part of an Irish priest.

Mohammed so-and-so was great in that one role where he played the part of an Irish priest.

It came in fourth place in the Portland Film Festival just edging out a film about a man, a woman and the strange love triangle with poultry. Edited by notti