• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angel Wood sinks Texas in Spring Training opener

Richard

I'm a Wood fan for life, the kid is a hard worker and not a quitter.  He's also a genuinely nice person.  He doesn't let the constant bashing get him down, and he believes in himself.  What's not to like about those traits?  Good luck Brandon!  

Listening to an interview with Joe Maddon on MLB the other day. When asked why he has such success developing young players, he said one of the keys was NOT to send them back and forth to the minors.

"Do that enough times and you can ruin their confidence....sometimes forever" 

Well said from maddon.

Listening to an interview with Joe Maddon on MLB the other day. When asked why he has such success developing young players, he said one of the keys was NOT to send them back and forth to the minors.

He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

So with this being a second page post about Brandon Wood, I expect it to die in its loneliness. Nonetheless, I want to share a story about him.

The year we brought him up, he hit a home run to left field into the Kansas City bullpen. For school once, I sent a letter to Wood telling him how awesome watching him hit that home run was, along with an enclosed card of him from the Quakes I got when I was younger. Anyone sent something back got extra credit. 

Well the season ended and I moved on to my next year of schooling, but behold the package came back and inside was my signed Brandon Wood Single-A card. Maybe he had his mail on hold till after the season? 

So I'm a Brandon Wood fan. 

Your witness, Mike Scoiscia

How many players ultimately succeed when given the shuttle treatment between minors and majors?