• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Erstad & Percival make the 2015 HOF ballot

Troll Daddy

i remember reading this baseball chat or mailbag years ago on ESPN about the baseball HOF.  Some Angel fan was arguing with the writer about how Darin Erstad was a for sure HOF'er.  At the time I remember thinking this is the silliest shit i've ever heard/read, I dont care how big an Angel fan you are.  I was brought back to that moment immediately when I saw that he was on the ballot.  

Yea, Darin Erstad is definitely not going to the HOF. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'll preface this by saying Erstad is probably my favorite Angel player of all time . . .

but when I saw the thread title, I thought, "the Angels' HOF right? Certainly not MLB . . "

Percival I guess you can make a case for being on the ballot because of his career totals, but Erstad??? Again, I loved the dude as a player, but wtf?

It's a shame that in the 50+ years, this franchise doesn't have a HOFer that went in as an Angel.

Perhaps Vlad Guerrero will be the first?

Assuming Vlad goes in (and I think he should) I'd actually like to see him go as an Expo.

I still maintain that had it not been for the devastating event on the night of Christmas Eve in 1979, in which 19 people lost their lives when his pick up truck hit a sheet of ice and swerved into that school bus, Ralston Schmidt would have been in long ago. 

well thanks for reopening that old wound. i was almost over it.

jerk.

I still maintain that had it not been for the devastating event on the night of Christmas Eve in 1979, in which 19 people lost their lives when his pick up truck hit a sheet of ice and swerved into that school bus, Ralston Schmidt would have been in long ago.

What was a school bus doing out on Christmas Eve night anyway? School was out a few days before.

Wait a minute....there were 19 people who lost their lives on that night in 1979. 1979+19 = 1998. Ralston won 3 straight Cy Young Awards from 1975-1977. 1998+3 = 2001. Ralsty was born in September. He fathered 11 children with his wife. September + 11 + 2001?

I don't get it.

Was that on the New Jersey turnpike?