• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breath of Fresh Air

Biergott

Willingham retires, supposedly with a decent contract offer on the table from a contender.  Love this quote, “I felt like it wouldn’t be fair to myself, and more importantly to the team that was paying me a lot of money to perform at a high level, if there was a chance my dedication would waver — particularly as the season got longer. I’m honored to have played for as many years as I have, and I feel even luckier to walk away on my own terms instead of having the decision made for me.”

I'm sure there are plenty here with their hopes up that one of ours does and says this same thing...

I am surprised more guys don't follow this approach. I remember reading that Mike Mussina wanted to retire (after a 20-win season) because he didn't want to keep missing out on watching his kids grow up. At some point, when you have made more money than you can spend and you have other great things in your life, why keep hanging on?