• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox finalizing deal with Hanley Ramirez

JAHV76

Thisis kinda funny to me actually... i get the logic from the Bos side but his real value was as a SS, as a LF he isnt that special or worth that kind of contract in my opinion.
I mean i will make for a formidable middle of the order, but im not sure i like the big picture.. could easily end up with both those deals looking worse than anything we have right now or win another title

His averages though are greatly inflated by some really good years, and some really bad ones.
He is effectively replacing Cespedes, a guy who had a higher WAR 4.1, than Ramirez and Ramirez number was as a SS and owuld have likely been lower as a LF.
283/13/71/369 isnt exactly stellar for a LF.
I cant say i get this one much, especially not for the price.  and her certainly wont be anywhere near as good defensively and Cespedes
sure the monster is a factor, still.. anyone really think Ramirez will beat a 4.1 WAR as a LFer?
I think they regret this one... they could have extended Cespedes likely for less.

I don't know the metrics, and I'm not going to look them up, but Cespedes seems like a pretty shitty outfielder who misplays balls and boots them all over the field. He happens to get a lot of assists, particularly against the Angels