• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SEC schedule this week is a joke

I get it that SEC teams play a tough in-conference schedule, and that they also look for games against teams who won't require a return visit in order to maximize revenue for home games. Eleven of the 14 SEC teams were in action this week. Five played games against teams with no realistic shot (although I thought the same thing when Florida played Georgia Southern last year). Sure looks like they could find some better opposition.

Eastern Kentucky at Florida

Western Carolina at Alabama

Charleston Southern at Georgia

South Alabama at South Carolina

Samford at Auburn

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Need to go to 9 conference games. Of course they won't since they haven't been penalized for such poor scheduling, but some teams only play 8 "Power 5 conference" games.

not sure about the entire conference,  but i know Bama,  lsu, auburn, Tennessee,  georgia, tamu... all play 9 games vs Power 5 conference teams.

southern cal plays Arkansas St and Idaho next year.

Oregon plays E Washington and Georgia St

Need to go to 9 conference games. Of course they won't since they haven't been penalized for such poor scheduling, but some teams only play 8 "Power 5 conference" games.

you might want to check the strength of schedules if you want to penalize teams for poor scheduling.

Edited by Lou

not sure about the entire conference,  but i know Bama,  lsu, auburn, Tennessee,  georgia, tamu... all play 9 games vs Power 5 conference teams.

southern cal plays Arkansas St and Idaho next year.

Oregon plays E Washington and Georgia St

I should have clarified and said Miss. St., although my point still stands that 9 games is the minimum the Pac 12 plays. Oregon does play those types of games two, although they are playing Michigan State on the road which could be one of the toughest OOC games in the nation next year (like they had this year). Also, both Georgia and Texas A&M have both backed out of home and homes with Oregon recently.

you might want to check the strength of schedules if you want to penalize teams for poor scheduling.

This is exactly my point though. If the SEC had 9 conference games, that would be 7 more losses for the league which would affect SOS. Another reason it is skewed is that pre-season rankings tend to favor the SEC which carry over throughout the year. 

yeah, the conference would have 7 more losses... but they would also have 7 more wins - most,if not all,would be reflected on the high-ranked teams' records.

having another win against an SEC team would only benefit their top teams.

wins against non-fbs teams aren't counted.

bottom line is you have to assess a team's overall SOS

Tank, on 25 Nov 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

and not a single one of them was brave enough to schedule El Camino.

GO WARRIORS!!

beating a team that has lost 6 of their last 7 games would only hurt a team's sos.

Go Mounties!

Edited by Lou

beating a team that has lost 6 of their last 7 games would only hurt a team's sos.

Go Mounties!

you know how certain schools always have a great reputation, even in down years? well, there ya go. playing one of the greats is never a bad thing.