• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cox says that I need a new cable modem...

Vegas Halo Fan

...which they will be happy to sell or rent to me. According to the post card I just got, they have doubled their speeds, but I need to upgrade my modem to take advantage of it. The modem shown on the card is a Netgear N450. The options are WiFi modems, either single or dual band, either rent or buy. The single band is $99.99 and the dual band is $149.99. Guessing that the illustrated Netgear is the dual band model, I can beat that price easily.

They're probably saying your current modem is a DOCSIS 2.0 and they are recommending you get a 3.0.  Do you already have a router?  If so, I'd recommend this modem.  I upgraded at the beginning of the year and it's been great.

http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Motorola-SurfBoard-SB6141-DOCSIS/dp/B00AJHDZSI/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416708125&sr=1-2&keywords=surfboard+extreme+modem

I bought a Linksys WRT 1900 AC router about two months ago to replace my Wireless G router that just wasn't keeping up once I started attaching smart phones, tablets, Netflix, etc. It was a great router, just a lot more demand was put on it than it was designed to handle

Thanks for the modem recommendation. That is a lot less costly than what Cox is recommending.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan