• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jordan Zimmermann for Kendrick and a Bullpen Arm Possible?

I really don't see Danny Espinosa being that big of a weakness at 2B for the Nats.  He's a 20/20 threat and plays pretty solid defense.  His OBP and BA are in the tank, but this is an offense that still has Ramos, Harper, Zimmerman, Desmond, Rendon, Span and Werth.  

Given the amount of pitching they have now and in the future, it would benefit them to become a more balanced team while the have the money to spend.  But if they don't, I think they're still a really good team. 

Espinosa isn't very good.  He's not a 20/20 guy.  he had 21hrs in 2011 and 20 sbs in 2012.  He also strikes out at a breakneck pace and doesn't walk.  His defense is good, but not great.  It's an obvious place for them to upgrade if they can.  

If the halos were in the same position and had the money, I would be begging for an upgrade.  

I'm excited at the idea of either one playing 2B. With time, Green would become a fine defensive 2B. He has all the tools now he just needs the time. As for his bat, yeah I think he can replicate what Howie's been doing.

As for Alex, you're right IP, he'd immediately be a fine defensive 2B. I think he'll hit .275 with the same gap splitting tendency we saw from Kendrick, but Alex also has the advantage of being a switch hitter.

I think that given how the Angels have approached Green so far, he's destined to be a super sub. Consistent AB's to keep his bat in the lineup, but will shift between all four infield spots, LF and DH. Yarbrough is the future everyday 2B because as IP said, defense is still a thing.

My question, if Howie is traded, do they give Yarbrough time in AAA before his eventual promotion, or will they skip AAA and have him start in Anaheim? I could go either way but if they trade Kendrick they'll probably keep Beckham as 2B depth in order to give Alex more time.

What little I saw of Green in LF last season was enough for me to want to play him out there over Hamilton.   Obviously Hamilton isn't going anywhere but, if they could find someone else's problem or eat some of that salary I'd be cool with Green in LF.   He may not have a corner OFer's bat, but I doubt he would be too far off the AL averages of .257/.323/.398 if he got everyday at bats as an OFer.  I just think he's ill suited for the IF.  Dude's athletic but has a terrible first step..   The OF would allow for his athleticism to overcome his liabilities better than the IF spots.  He has enough bat for MLB, but it really does seem like the team is into Cron as the DH, and unless they make use of a platoon, Green's in a tough spot.  

As far as Yar goes, they have to give him AAA time, his glove would carry over but he doesn't have the sort of tools to just jump a level like that.  I was actually higher on Yar than Lindsey, Lindsey had the better tools but that herky jerky hitch in his swing seemed exploitable. A-Yar's biggest issue -- he can be made to swing and miss.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I recall catching some flack for being higher on Yarbrough from the start. So far he's made me look pretty smart. Just watching his scouting video from Ole Miss, I knew this kid was a player. Lindsey, I could never get on board with the low-hands thing. He filled out nicely, but reminded me too much of a LH Wells.

What little I saw of Green in LF last season was enough for me to want to play him out there over Hamilton. Obviously Hamilton isn't going anywhere but, if they could find someone else's problem or eat some of that salary I'd be cool with Green in LF. He may not have a corner OFer's bat, but I doubt he would be too far off the AL averages of .257/.323/.398 if he got everyday at bats as an OFer. I just think he's ill suited for the IF. Dude's athletic but has a terrible first step.. The OF would allow for his athleticism to overcome his liabilities better than the IF spots. He has enough bat for MLB, but it really does seem like the team is into Cron as the DH, and unless they make use of a platoon, Green's in a tough spot.

As far as Yar goes, they have to give him AAA time, his glove would carry over but he doesn't have the sort of tools to just jump a level like that. I was actually higher on Yar than Lindsey, Lindsey had the better tools but that herky jerky hitch in his swing seemed exploitable. A-Yar's biggest issue -- he can be made to swing and miss.

May I be the first to propose that when Alex makes it to the Majors that anytime he gets a hit all Angels fans say, just like Michael in Hot Fuzz, "Yaaar!"

Imo no way a package centered around Howie nets us Zimmerman or Fister. However if it did, why not sign Asdrubal Cabrera to play 2B and he could be a cheap stop gap until Yarbrough or Baldoquin might be ready.

I really want to see the Angels land another pitcher or two. I have zero confidence in CJ and with Richards coming off injury and Weaver being another year older we could use the help

Imo no way a package centered around Howie nets us Zimmerman or Fister. However if it did, why not sign Asdrubal Cabrera to play 2B and he could be a cheap stop gap until Yarbrough or Baldoquin might be ready.

I really want to see the Angels land another pitcher or two. I have zero confidence in CJ and with Richards coming off injury and Weaver being another year older we could use the help

Don't worry about Weaver.  He is a gamer and I really think he will be a good to serviceable pitcher for the rest of his contract with the Angels and I hope they resign him and he is an Angel for life.  Barring something crazy like him forgetting how to pitch or a serious injury of course. I think Weaver will retire if he starts to stink it up.  He will most likely go out on his own terms much like Willingham just did.