• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

On 1/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, mulwin444 said:

Played about 15 hrs in the "Anthem" demo from late Friday through late Sunday and it was pretty impressive.

They are going to have the all access Demo this next weekend for those interested.  Game releases Feb 22nd.

I heard they had a lot of trouble last weekend.  Good you got to check it out for that long.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I heard they had a lot of trouble last weekend.  Good you got to check out it for that long.  

Yeah, there was a few issues that limited access that was unrelated to server capacity.  Hopefully, they've got it sorted out today as I will be going to play some more this weekend.

Just now, Blarg said:

Fallout 76 has serve problems daily.

Yeah, I bought it for my son and I but we've held off until they get their ish together.  The latest patch they implemented apparently added back IN bugs that were previously resolved with an earlier patch.  I know Bethesda's "charm" is releasing immersive but bugged to hell games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim but this is ridiculous.

Alternatively, I've been able to play the "Anthem" demo on both XBox and PS4 today and it seems most of their issues they had last week has been resolved.  Game is fun...

4 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, I bought it for my son and I but we've held off until they get their ish together.  The latest patch they implemented apparently added back IN bugs that were previously resolved with an earlier patch.  I know Bethesda's "charm" is releasing immersive but bugged to hell games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim but this is ridiculous.

Alternatively, I've been able to play the "Anthem" demo on both XBox and PS4 today and it seems most of their issues they had last week has been resolved.  Game is fun...

Glad to hear it, I’m gonna be checking it out this evening. 

So I’ve put some hours into Anthem.  I do like it quite a lot.  It’s definitley got some issues to work through.  I’ve had several crash outs, and a very bizarre video error with dark colors (PS4 Pro) that seems to have resolved.  Anyway, flying around in the Javelin is cool.  I wish that they had given a bit more guidance on how to play.  It’s not super intuitive and it took me a while to feel like I had any kind of grasp on what’s going on.  A big light bulb for me was understanding that you really need to use the R1 attack (the recharging javelin attack) almost more then your actual guns.  The grenades also need to be spammed if you want to be effective.  Heavy use of melee attack as well.  The game is big on combo attacks.  The dash button is also key.  So, ya it’s definitley not like a normal 3rd person shooter in terms of feel.  I guess it feels sort of similar to the Mass Effect games.  Sort of.  Seems like there’s tons of customization which is cool.  Definitley a game you want to play with a squad of friends. I’ll most likely pick it up. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 2/2/2019 at 11:59 PM, UndertheHalo said:

So I’ve put some hours into Anthem.  I do like it quite a lot.  It’s definitley got some issues to work through.  I’ve had several crash outs, and a very bizarre video error with dark colors (PS4 Pro) that seems to have resolved.  Anyway, flying around in the Javelin is cool.  I wish that they had given a bit more guidance on how to play.  It’s not super intuitive and it took me a while to feel like I had any kind of grasp on what’s going on.  A big light bulb for me was understanding that you really need to use the R1 attack (the recharging javelin attack) almost more then your actual guns.  The grenades also need to be spammed if you want to be effective.  Heavy use of melee attack as well.  The game is big on combo attacks.  The dash button is also key.  So, ya it’s definitley not like a normal 3rd person shooter in terms of feel.  I guess it feels sort of similar to the Mass Effect games.  Sort of.  Seems like there’s tons of customization which is cool.  Definitley a game you want to play with a squad of friends. I’ll most likely pick it up. 

The demo was an intentionally truncated version of an old build of the game (6-8 weeks) that branched off for the demo so a lot of the bells and whistles that will be available at release are missing.  BioWare is playing it close to the vest regarding it's story which is why we started at level 10 and only talked with some minor characters without context.  I just think they wanted to get you in the Javelins as quick as possible to try out world.  So, far I'm leaning heavily towards Interceptor due to the more melee-like abilities with Storm and Ranger a close 2nd/3rd.  The only one I struggled a bit with was the Colossus - didn't quite get the feel of it before the demo ended.

I am picking it up at launch though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, right now, I'm primarily playing "Anthem" on the XBox One X (gamertag: Mulwin).

For those who haven't picked it up yet but are interested, "Anthem" will be on sale at Gamestop for $40 starting April 14th.

It took about 60hrs to get through to level 30 just doing the main and side missions with all conversations within Fort Tarsis and about 160 hrs total after Freeplay, Strongholds, Quickplay, and Legendary Missions were completed.  Lots of stuff already and there is going to be a bunch of new things added through May's "Cataclysm" event.

It's worth checking out.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Taylor said:

I'm still working on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm in the second part of the epilogue.

Could be my favorite game I've ever played. It's up there with Mass Effect 2.

Xbox had RD2 on sale so I got it. Just getting warmed up

• 1 month later...

This board is pretty dead but just wanted to let you know that Gamepass Ultimate for Xbox One is currently only $1 for a month. It will stack with any remaining gold or gamepass already on your account so if you stock up for as close to 36 months as you can, you can then take advantage of the promo and have Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for the price you paid for gold. It's a great deal. For those that don't know, Gamepass Ultimate is gamepass and gold combined together for $14.99 a month. I think it's only good for just this week so get to it. I have found 12 month subs for around $40 on sites like cheapassgamer or a 24th month gold sub is currently $94.99 on costco.com I have no idea if anyone will ever read this but I did my part lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 1:13 AM, beatlesrule said:

This board is pretty dead but just wanted to let you know that Gamepass Ultimate for Xbox One is currently only $1 for a month. It will stack with any remaining gold or gamepass already on your account so if you stock up for as close to 36 months as you can, you can then take advantage of the promo and have Gamepass Ultimate for 3 years for the price you paid for gold. It's a great deal. For those that don't know, Gamepass Ultimate is gamepass and gold combined together for $14.99 a month. I think it's only good for just this week so get to it. I have found 12 month subs for around $40 on sites like cheapassgamer or a 24th month gold sub is currently $94.99 on costco.com I have no idea if anyone will ever read this but I did my part lol.

I took advantage of this. I ended up getting 3 years for about $100.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, nate said:

I signed up for the PC gamepass, been checking out Sea of Thieves which is fun.  My xbox collects dust or I would probably sign up for the ultimate one.

if bill stonemason ever gets wind of this, you're gonna be in trouble.

• 1 month later...

Last couple of games I played:

CONTROL - 8/10

Pros: Lots of fun weirdness - like XFiles, Fringe and Twins Peaks had a mutant child, fun combat that utilizing the environment in interesting ways, good graphics, comprehensive codices of found film, vids, tapes and files that gives you insight into the universe

Cons: the map to try and guide you anywhere is awful, autosaves and save points are too spread out, enemies respawn after you re-enter an area (sometimes behind you!), no difficuly slider

GreedFall - 6/10 

Pros: Ambitious RPG with an attempt to branch out story consequence with narrative choice with stealth and non-lethal options, combat is well thought out and complex, crafting is immersive, main characters voice acting is top notch 

Cons: Graphics and gameplay remind you of a mid-2000's BioWare RPG (think Jade Empire but with guns), world is a bit static and AI is rather dumb, story "twists"are telegraphed and story beats are delivered with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.  The developer, Spiders, is a small-ish team (a little over 20) so what they accomplished was impressive considering and it is their best game so far but overall it's 'meh'