• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:46 AM, mulwin444 said:

About 7 hrs in on "AC: Odyssey" and loving it so far.  If enjoyed "Origins" you would enjoy this one as well.

So far, missions are fun and diverse, good dialogue and character models, more RPG elements...it's a solid entry.

AC Odyssey is the best game i've played in years, its like if Skyrim was mixed with Witcher3 & Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Instead of shouting people off cliffs like in Skyrim, i do the Sparta kick to knock them off cliffs.

The random contracts & bountys are far more unique than the ones in Witcher 3, its world is bigger than those games as well.

Its upcoming DLC looks to be better than any AC/Witcher/Elderscrolls DLC, i could see Odyssey having a 'year 2 pass' a year from now with even more greek mythology being explored & new locations to explore such as illyrian coast(ancient croatia), Thracia(ancient bulgaria), Anatolia(ancient turkey) & perhaps something further away like the greek colonys in Cimmeria where they could have epic horse archer battles & add some kind of ability/skill line for horse riding + horse archery.

They could also add in a upgrade so our ships can have a ballista, scorpion or onager artillery.

The problem i had with Origins is that once you've seen one desert you've seen every desert, with Ancient Greece there is alot of variety in landscapes & scenery.

2 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

AC Odyssey is the best game i've played in years, its like if Skyrim was mixed with Witcher3 & Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Instead of shouting people off cliffs like in Skyrim, i do the Sparta kick to knock them off cliffs.

The random contracts & bountys are far more unique than the ones in Witcher 3, its world is bigger than those games as well.

Its upcoming DLC looks to be better than any AC/Witcher/Elderscrolls DLC, i could see Odyssey having a 'year 2 pass' a year from now with even more greek mythology being explored & new locations to explore such as illyrian coast(ancient croatia), Thracia(ancient bulgaria), Anatolia(ancient turkey) & perhaps something further away like the greek colonys in Cimmeria where they could have epic horse archer battles & add some kind of ability/skill line for horse riding + horse archery.

They could also add in a upgrade so our ships can have a ballista, scorpion or onager artillery.

The problem i had with Origins is that once you've seen one desert you've seen every desert, with Ancient Greece there is alot of variety in landscapes & scenery.

Yeah, I finally moved on to "RDR2" after 177 HRS but I'll be coming back for the "Legacy of the First Blade" on 12/04.

• 2 weeks later...

RDR2's story is really the only thing keeping involved at this point, which is great but, man, the controls are laborious.  Arthur Morgan moves like he's underwater and do we honestly need an animation for every time we pick up a can of peaches?  Metacritic has it at 97 but, I don't know...it's superior in many ways but not perfect.  It's the best Cowboy-simulator you are going to find though and "Zombie RDR2" will likely kick ass when it's released.  Sitting about 85-ish for me after I messed with the control-settings a bit.   

I don't know how many hours I've now sunk in to RDR2, but I'm still loving it. I agree that the pacing can be a little slow outside of the story missions, and some of the realism was cool at first but becomes tedious after awhile.

Still, it's one of the best games I've ever played. I love just wandering the world and finding random things to do.

I think I’m still at the beginning mission wise, but have almost crafted every damn thing you can in the game....catching cougars is an absolute bitch. Same as when I got the panthers.

I just learned how to fish to give you an idea of how early on I am, but too sunk in a ton of hours.

I’m better now, but my main gripe is the honor system. You have to do so much that drops it, but there isn’t a lot to do that raises it. And the things that do raise it are tedious as hell.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, that's pretty huge.  Was supposed to be a 10 year partnership but Activision was "disappointed" in the sales performance for Destiny 2 in a call to investors.  Seems like the parting was mutual on both ends.

On a related looter-shooter note, I've pre-ordered "Anthem" for XBox One and will be playing the Demo on Jan 25th - 27th.

I got a chance to participate in the closed Alpha Stress Test in early December and that thing was really fun.  Certainly a different game for a developer like BioWare, but I've played both "Dragon Age" and "Mass Effect" franchise more than 20 times each so I'm anxious to see what they can do in this genre as well.

My gamertag is "Mulwin" on XBox is anyone is wanting to co-op.  Both my kids will playing this one as well...

On 1/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, that's pretty huge.  Was supposed to be a 10 year partnership but Activision was "disappointed" in the sales performance for Destiny 2 in a call to investors.  Seems like the parting was mutual on both ends.

Survivor’s Guilt

I've stayed away from the rdr2 threads so far, but am at a point where i can comment.  

I was a huge rdr mark, and i didnt think 2 could measure up, but what a terrific story.  Great characters.

Where i would agree with others is that the controls lack.  I dont like the many times it forces slow pace when riding or running.  Some of the travel routes seem unnecessarily long, though the random encounters often make up for it.

Online still a work in progress,  fun but money system way out of wack.  1900 wages, with 2018 item prices.  Encouraging the pay (more) to play model.