• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

19 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I'm ashamed to admit that I will buy a PS4 solely for this, and my wife and kids won't see me at night

I've warned the lady, but she has no idea what's in store. I'll probably be that dude that cancels dinner reservations or makes some weird ass excuse to not do couples shit so I can work towards that one random ass trophy on my way to platinum status. Red Dead was so immersive and had so much to do, there's no reason this won't up the ante.

I actually wish I could platinum Red Dead on PS4, but I think it's only on that monthly subscription thing they do. I may do the free 7 day trial just to see if I can 100% it in the time frame.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17786004/xbox-all-access-plans-pricing-xbox-one-live-gold-game-pass

Microsoft announced Xbox All Access today, a new plan that includes subscriptions to Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass, as well as Xbox One hardware, for a discounted monthly fee.

According to VentureBeat, which cites a now-pulled Xbox Wire article, Xbox All Access will help new customers finance a console and pay less than they would buying the hardware and services separately.

There are two tiers of Xbox All Access: For $21.99 per month, subscribers will get an Xbox One S, in addition to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass; and for $34.99 per month, subscribers will get an Xbox One X, in addition to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass. There is no upfront cost, Microsoft said, and at the end of the 24-month subscription period, Xbox All Access members keep the Xbox One hardware they’ve paid for.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, Thomas said:

Playing Persona 5. It's rather life consuming.

Started playing it but put it down in lieu of a couple of other games.  It looks like it will be around 80-100 hrs to complete and I wanted to knock out a couple of 20-40 hr ones first.  Looks pretty cool so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, mulwin444 said:

The Spiderman game is pretty damn fun.  I'm about 20% done and, so far, the main story is keeping me interested but it's biggest asset is traversing through the city swinging by webs.  It's one of the few games that you will discourage you from using fast travel.

Finished "Spiderman" at 100%...that thing was phenomenally done.  Not only fun but, story-wise, pretty true to the spirit of the Spiderman comics I grew up on.

Definitely recommend - 9/10

Up next, "Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" in about a week.  They've tweaked the "Assassin's Creed" formula to incorporate more RPG elements and some are comparing it to a classic BioWare release so I'm on board.

Along with "AC: Odyssey", "Fallout 76" is something I'll be playing on-line with my son and I'm sure I'll pick up "Red Dead Redemption 2" before the end of the year.  After the new year, I'll be grabbing "Anthem" when it comes out on 02/22/2019.  If anyone here plays on either PS4 or XBox One and is thinking of grabbing a copy, I'll be on there as well.

What's the best racing game? Wanted to get one to mess around with and customize some cars. EA is doing a dealer sale on the PS Store and they have Need for Speed: Payback for pretty cheap, but the game sounds like shit. Is it the latest Fran Turismo that is the top dog? Can you customize cars or is it still a super sim?

On 10/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, Brandon said:

What's the best racing game? Wanted to get one to mess around with and customize some cars. EA is doing a dealer sale on the PS Store and they have Need for Speed: Payback for pretty cheap, but the game sounds like shit. Is it the latest Fran Turismo that is the top dog? Can you customize cars or is it still a super sim?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-4

This one has been getting some great reviews...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Brandon said:

Damn c*nts.

Gave me the download from my Red Dead purchase and mildly thought I was getting it early, but it was just a pre-load. They even have a timer on that bitch to tease you.

Yeah, something like a 90 GB download...that's insane

20 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

So how is it?

Don't have much time to play. I started it and played the most yesterday for a bit. There is so much to do and I can tell I'm still in that tutorial stage where they are giving me objectives, but doing it to show new features or gameplay mechanics. Looks like a ton of shit to do and almost RPG like with all the little things you can do or need to do.

23 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

So how is it?

Oh, but the game does look and play epic. It's like GTA 5 and Red Dead on steroids. The game looks, sounds, and plays awesome so far and I see potential for a really good story....that was my only gripe with Red Dead. It ended up epic and with a solid finish and ending, but the filler story stuff like meeting some real clowns to help build a heavy duty gun was a bit too cartoonish for how the game felt and ultimately ended. This edition seems to start off strong and looks to keep the theme. GTA 5 did that a bit. They still had the jokes and funny radio station commercials and visual ads, but the overall theme was pretty serious and movie-like. My chick even asks me if I can turn it on and play because she is into it so far with regards to the story and movie production vibe.

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Oh, but the game does look and play epic. It's like GTA 5 and Red Dead on steroids. The game looks, sounds, and plays awesome so far and I see potential for a really good story....that was my only gripe with Red Dead. It ended up epic and with a solid finish and ending, but the filler story stuff like meeting some real clowns to help build a heavy duty gun was a bit too cartoonish for how the game felt and ultimately ended. This edition seems to start off strong and looks to keep the theme. GTA 5 did that a bit. They still had the jokes and funny radio station commercials and visual ads, but the overall theme was pretty serious and movie-like. My chick even asks me if I can turn it on and play because she is into it so far with regards to the story and movie production vibe.

Awesome.  That's what I was hoping.  So now I have to go buy a PS4 and get both those games

Like Red Dead so far.  First one is one of my favorite games of all time, so I’ve really been looking forward to this one.  The scope of the game incredible.  Fantastic production value, all that stuff.  I got through the 1st chapter when I fired it up the other night.  Not sure why the designers implemented so many ridiculous button pushes tho.  Like, I don’t need to play through replacing a wheel on a wagon.  I also don’t need to play through eating the stew or whatever at the camp.  I’m a bit worried that some of this stuff will be extremely tedious. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Like Red Dead so far.  First one is one of my favorite games of all times, so I’ve really been looking forward to this one.  The scope of the game incredible.  Fantastic production value, all that stuff.  I got through the 1st chapter when I fired it up the other night.  Not sure why the designers implemented so many ridiculous button pushes tho.  Like, I don’t need to play through replacing a wheel on a wagon.  I also don’t need to play through eating the stew or whatever at the camp.  I’m a bit worried that some of this stuff will be extremely tedious. 

That's been the biggest complaint from what I have been reading about the game.  They created an amazing, immersive open world experience but made the moment-to-moment in-game mechanics unnecessarily tedious and arduous.  Or riding in-town precarious as, if you slightly graze someone with your horse, you could end up with a bounty.  Still picked it up but may wait to play until after I give Fallout 76 a try to see if there are any "quality of life" updates they implement.