• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Online Backup Tools

red321

I'm looking at online backup solutions and trying to see if anyone has experience with them. I have probably 8 tb or so worth of data and I usually add about 1tb a year (photographs take up a lot of space).

I have a local backup solution I'm working through, but I need to have an offsite solution as well...something that won't rely on me (e.g....oh...I don't feel like thinking about that now...I'll do it next week...month...months....)

I was using Zoolz because they had a great deal last year. $36 for unlimited backup - including removable drives (which is key for me...I have approximately 10 removable drives)

This year Zoolz jacked up their prices, significantly. The plan I would need is suddenly in the $200/year range. It's enough that I'm willing to look at doing the long initial upload of files again.

So, two solutions I'm looking at right now

Crashplan and Backblaze. They both appear to offer $60 unlimited backup, including removable drives.

I like Crashplan because it looks like I can utilize the Crashplan software to manage both my local backup jobs, as well as my remote backup jobs.

Anyone have any feedback on the online backup solutions?

I don't have any suggestions for you, red321.  Sorry.

But I do have a question.  How often do you encounter file corruption when uploading (or downloading) really large files? 

With my slow internet connection, the upload/download "limit" is about 200 MB per file before problems begin to appear.  This has always made me leery of cloud storage, particularly if you sync your local storage with the cloud.  I'm always afraid it will sync the wrong direction, overwriting the good file with the corrupted one.