• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill Cosby

He did settle out-of-court on one claim.  2006? HMmmm. Damage control?

Not everyone who settles out of court would have lost had the case gone to trial. Some just want to avoid a prolonged trial with multiple court appearances, and if they have the cash it's easier to just make it go away and not have it on the national news every night.

Not everyone who settles out of court would have lost had the case gone to trial. Some just want to avoid a prolonged trial with multiple court appearances, and if they have the cash it's easier to just make it go away and not have it on the national news every night.

It's how patent and litigation trolls make their money.  Sue, and settle for a lot cheaper, even if you have no leg to stand on.  Because sometimes it will be cheaper to settle, than to defend yourself against false claims.  

One of the ladies did some writing for him and said Cosby drugged her Bloody Mary and forced her to give him oral sex. Then months later Bill invited her to his stand up and she accepted. He picked her up in a limo and gave her a ....Bloody Mary. She drank it and the next thing she remembers was waking up naked in bed with him. So why did she go back to see him after being sexually assaulted the first time...and fall for the same trick? I'm not buying it. The only part I believe is that Bill called a Taxi for her in the morning.

It's how patent and litigation trolls make their money. Sue, and settle for a lot cheaper, even if you have no leg to stand on. Because sometimes it will be cheaper to settle, than to defend yourself against false claims.

Yep. Textbook.

Throw enough shit at the wall and hope it sticks. Ask for X amount of dollars that in the long run is cheaper than the legal costs of fighting it.

One of the ladies did some writing for him and said Cosby drugged her Bloody Mary and forced her to give him oral sex. Then months later Bill invited her to his stand up and she accepted. He picked her up in a limo and gave her a ....Bloody Mary. She drank it and the next thing she remembers was waking up naked in bed with him. So why did she go back to see him after being sexually assaulted the first time...and fall for the same trick? I'm not buying it. The only part I believe is that Bill called a Taxi for her in the morning.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about any of this. It just sounds like Hollywood to me. 

Are you trying to say if she didn't take reasonable precautions to not be raped, it's not rape. That's not the law. Granted she may not have been too traumatized by it, but Bill shouldn't have been pulling that crap.

any of you have perfect memory of events from 1982? me either.

if there things done that were illegal, they should have been dealt with then. to try and prove something now is difficult, at best. all it does is tarnish the image of people on both sides of the situation.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about any of this. It just sounds like Hollywood to me. 

Are you trying to say if she didn't take reasonable precautions to not be raped, it's not rape. That's not the law. Granted she may not have been too traumatized by it, but Bill shouldn't have been pulling that crap.

I think what he was saying is she is pretty stupid if to accept an invitation to see him again and drink the same exact cocktail that was drugged the first time. Not that it is her fault that she was raped, but she isn't very bright to have done those two things, particularly drink another Bloody Mary that Bill handed her.

gee...I wonder why women aren't hesitant to come forward.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/don-lemon-joan-tarshis-bill-cosby-rape

CNN's Don Lemon took it upon himself Tuesday night to explain how a woman who accused actor Bill Cosby of rape could have avoided the situation -- explicitly, that she should have used her teeth as a weapon.