• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill Cosby

Sexual assault accusations have been raining down on Bill Cosby over the last week or two, above and beyond a 2006 out-of-court payoff to alleged victim Andrea Constand. 13 women have reportedly accused the comedian of intimate transgressions of one kind or another. Last Thursday the Washington Post published a piece by alleged Cosby victim Barbara Bowman. In response to which Cosby cancelled an appearance on Late Night with David Letterman and refused to discuss the issue with NPR’s Scott Simon in an audio interview posted on 11.15.

Latest accuser Joan Tarshis said that the first incident occurred in 1969, when she was 19 years old.

So these are the 3 that have gone public.

Sexual assaults are notoriously hard to prove and most women probably feel like their allegations are immediately met with ridicule, so it's not surprising that some keep these things to themselves. You can be incredulous of one or two rape allegations, but I'm not sure how you can ignore a dozen. His silence on the issue speaks volumes as well. 

Yeah and rape allegations from the first Nixon administration are probably even harder to prove. I don't begrudge any person who's been wronged the opportunity to air the grievance but this seems a little overdue. All they can hope for at this point is to ruin his legacy.

If he's guilty of any of the allegations...regardless of how long ago it was...then his legacy should be ruined. There is not timetable on abhorrent behavior.

It's quite easy to mansplain to women how they should handle allegations, and yet over half of all sexual assaults are perpetrated by someone the victim knows, and most likely trusts. Women who don't report assaults may have many reasons - not being believed, feelings that they somehow did something wrong, having their reputations dragged through the mud, pressure from outside sources...etc...etc...etc.

I help teach a women's self defense and the statistics are mind blowing.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/sv-datasheet-a.pdf

Nearly 18% of all women will be the victim of a completed or attempted rape in their lifetime.

1 in 20 of all women experienced some form of sexual assault...in the last year

If he's guilty of any of the allegations...regardless of how long ago it was...then his legacy should be ruined. There is not timetable on abhorrent behavior.

It's quite easy to mansplain to women how they should handle allegations, and yet over half of all sexual assaults are perpetrated by someone the victim knows, and most likely trusts. Women who don't report assaults may have many reasons - not being believed, feelings that they somehow did something wrong, having their reputations dragged through the mud, pressure from outside sources...etc...etc...etc.

I help teach a women's self defense and the statistics are mind blowing.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/sv-datasheet-a.pdf

Nearly 18% of all women will be the victim of a completed or attempted rape in their lifetime.

1 in 20 of all women experienced some form of sexual assault...in the last year

Maybe that number is so high because they wait 45 years to make accusations? A rapist can do plenty of work in that time.

Sexual assaults are notoriously hard to prove and most women probably feel like their allegations are immediately met with ridicule, so it's not surprising that some keep these things to themselves. You can be incredulous of one or two rape allegations, but I'm not sure how you can ignore a dozen. His silence on the issue speaks volumes as well. 

I kind of agree, but at the same time, I don't know if there is an ideal way to respond to a situation like this. If he came out guns blazing, vehemently denying the allegations, people would claim he is being defensive and trying to cover up the truth.