• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's Opt Out

Mauch Won

He's going to opt out after next season to take his dream job with the Dodgers! Lol

It would be a better commute.

Opt outs are good leverage, although I'm not sure what the managerial market is like. Madden is widely regarded as one of the best and his recent contract only matched Mike's. Other teams would love to have him, but would they offer much more?

He lives in the valley so let the Dodgers take him. I guess the OC wasnt good enough for him.

Scioscia has had the good fortune of staying in the Los Angeles area nearly his entire career and so moving didn't need to be an issue since he can handle the commute. He gets to stay where he and his family is comfortable, that is really winning at the game of life.

I was very impressed with Scioscia last year. I'm over the whole Jeff Mathis and Mike Napoli debacle.

Losing MS could potentially be a big loss.

I couldn't agree more. I was critical of Scioscia at times this year, but he seemed to get more decisive and managed with more urgency than in years past. And one simply cannot argue with the results: he got 98 wins out of a team that, at least on paper, shouldn't have won more than 85.

I was very impressed with Scioscia last year. I'm over the whole Jeff Mathis and Mike Napoli debacle.

Losing MS could potentially be a big loss.

It is widely believed that some of Scioscia's most puzzling managerial movers were actually done at the insistence of Arte Moreno. Including batting Albert Pujols permanently out of the 3-hole in the lineujp, and bringing back a struggling Josh Hamilton to attempt a rehab start in the middle of a do or die best of 5 playoff series.

If that is the case we might see Scioscia leave and achieve postseason success elsewhere.

It is widely believed that some of Scioscia's most puzzling managerial movers were actually done at the insistence of Arte Moreno. Including batting Albert Pujols permanently out of the 3-hole in the lineujp, and bringing back a struggling Josh Hamilton to attempt a rehab start in the middle of a do or die best of 5 playoff series.

If that is the case we might see Scioscia leave and achieve postseason success elsewhere.

Link?

Why would Scioscia make moves detrimental to the team at the insistence of the owner? The guy has a pretty stout contract. Why wouldn't he just say,"This is what I'm doing. Don't like it? Fire me". Sorry, I don't buy it...there is not incentive for Scioscia to listen to Moreno if it's not the right move in his mind and will cost the team games.

Why would Scioscia make moves detrimental to the team at the insistence of the owner? The guy has a pretty stout contract. Why wouldn't he just say,"This is what I'm doing. Don't like it? Fire me". Sorry, I don't buy it...there is not incentive for Scioscia to listen to Moreno if it's not the right move in his mind and will cost the team games.

These decisions are discussed and made by the entire management team. No need to point fingers.

No manager is going to be that aggressive against the owner. That behavior certainly wouldn't be rewarded by another owner if Scioscia became a FA.

Despite claiming he is not a micromanager I have reasons to believe that is exactly what Arte Moreno is at times. These decisions by the owner are not always in the team's best interest to win ball games.

nope. all this nonsense about arte. it's just drivel.

One has to wonder if we have another very good year, does Scioscia opt out in a bid to get a longer deal? If we win 90+ again I'm sure we'd give him four or five years.

I agree with the points that Scioscia did an extremely good job this year. The team overachieved considerably and the manager deserves significant credit for it. It was like a more extreme version of the 2011 team, which probably should have finished 20 games out of a playoff spot but nearly made it.