• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

PercySquint's Memorial: November 22nd, 2014

Chuck

not going to be able to make it. i still have a lot of pain and about 20 staples in my gut. not gonna lie - it's a bit tough. but i have good pain killers and lots of love and support from people all over. my best to all of you, and i hope someone takes lots of pictures.

Best wishes for your recovery, Tank.

Just one question though: who is going to drink Mountain Dew tonight since you won't be there?

Tank, you are the Jose Conseco of industrial staple guns. You forgot the first rule, there is no such thing as an unloaded staple gun and you shouldn't be cleaning it when you are doped up on pain killers.

We will miss you.

well, i wouldn't want anything to fall off or out while i was playing poker. it's my little gift to you.

i'll miss all of you, too.

except for stickboy.

Best wishes for your recovery, Tank.

Just one question though: who is going to drink Mountain Dew tonight since you won't be there?

buddy, the mountain dew train has been derailed. you can thank my kidney stones for that. haven't had one since the end of july, and can honestly say that i don't really miss it.

anyone who has stock in pepsi should sell now.

I'm en route to Dallas, TX to visit my folks for Thanksgiving week so I'm unable to make it, but I sent some money to my AW accountant to throw some $$$ down for the donation.

My thoughts are with all of Swordy's friends and family attending today. Please take lots of pictures someone. I would like to see them.

It was fun, and a great tribute to Mike, and I am sorry for having to leave a little early.

I hope everyone enjoyed the one container of mint chocolate chip ice cream that I left behind.

Thank you to all responsible for the InAndOut burgers and fries!

Thank you Adam for openjng up your house!

Just one thing though: I suck at poker!

Edited by Angel Oracle

Oh sweet they sent over Chris to deliver your order. He is a great associate, and yes he does look the part. Funny story about that guy, he was junior olympic dead lifting coach before he decided to make INO his career. As far as the Opie comment, yea, I personally heard that a TON growing up being a red head. I sent you guys the good food delivered by a great kid. You're welcome.

Finally have an opportunity to post. 

We had a great time last night. Nick & Laina & Avila, Eric, Eric Notti, Derek & Jessica, Jody & Brown Troy, Oracle, Slegnaac, Bruce and Farrah all showed. I hope I'm not forgetting anybody. We had way too much food and way too much booze. (I can't believe I'm saying that. Damn, I'm getting old.) Slegnaac took down the poker game with brilliant play.

I hadn't seen a lot of you for quite some time. It was really great to catch up with everyone and see some new faces as well.

Everyone was very generous. Stradling hooked up the In N Out, which was a huge hit. Notti brought a box of PercySquint Playing cards, which we'll all treasure. Bruce left behind a Saloon's worth of booze. Everyone was so gracious. Thank you all for coming out.

Also, due to the generosity of those who attended we raised $700.00 for Mike's grandkids! 

Lastly, our community was given the honor of owning Mike's calling card - his chinaman hat. As a group we all loved the idea of having the hat encased in glass and making it the official annual softball tournament trophy, with the winning captain owning it for the year. 

Edited by Adam

It was great as usual to hang out with the Awin crew. Just wish it were under different circumstances. I didn't believe Pery was really gone until I held his hat. It put me in a somber mood and man...I miss that guy. Thanks to everyone that showed up and donated food/money for Mike's family. We have an awesome community here. Eric, it was nice you drove Percy's favorite dish from Vegas. Although we had plenty of left overs, the Carbonara was still tasty today. We have brainstormed some ideas to remember Mike for Spring Training. Stay tuned.

Sorry i couldnt make it.

Really cool to read about you guys pooling up money for his grandkids. Thats a nice gesture. Im sure thats mostly from people who knew him personally, but its pretty neat to see a bunch of strangers become friends through a vrazy baseball chatroom.