• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corey Kluber wins Cy Young

m0nkey

We're a bunch of idiots.

We should link this thread or the original fake trade thread whenever someone puts their Armchair GM pants on. 

Internet forum GM's were almost unanimously right about Joe Blanton being a huge mistake.

Wait why are people saying this was the right choice? I just looked up the stats and Felix was better in basically every facet accept strikeouts and Wins, and one of those stats is stupid. His WHIP was so much better it's almost blasphemous they chose Kluber over him. His H/9 was significantly better, as was his ERA and ERA+.

I'm not saying Kluber was a terrible choice, but Felix was clearly the better pitcher. Am I missing something?

When you have idiots like this guy voting ... it isn't surprising. Knocking Felix for Zunino's framing ability? LOL.

https://twitter.com/BKennedyStar/status/532683371739381761

As Felix said ... he doesn't care about individual goals ... he wants the team to go to the WS ... I'm fine with that.

My fav stat-Kluber 5.40 ERA in 6 starts vs top 3 scoring teams in AL (DET, LAA, OAK). Felix 1.84 ERA in 11 starts”

Also a good stat above. Felix was better in basically everything but Wins and K's ... yet Kluber wins. Whatever. Onto 2015! Most of you saying "they made the right choice, good for them, etc" are likely just saying this due to being Angels fans ... which I understand. Sports writers shouldn't be biased however.

Wait why are people saying this was the right choice? I just looked up the stats and Felix was better in basically every facet accept strikeouts and Wins, and one of those stats is stupid. His WHIP was so much better it's almost blasphemous they chose Kluber over him. His H/9 was significantly better, as was his ERA and ERA+.

I'm not saying Kluber was a terrible choice, but Felix was clearly the better pitcher. Am I missing something?

What he said.

Edited by Ender

I think everyone is going by how great Kluber pitched down the stretch. And I don't think Felix was that far at all outside of that terrible start against Toronto.

Can't really look up stats on my phone right now but I believe Felix was pretty solid post All Star break. It's nice to see Kluber win but I also think Felix should have won pretty easily.

Ballpark factors + defense. Kluber was routinely victimized by the Indians horrendous defense. Those H/9, WHIP, etc all go down if he had any help from his fielders. Felix pitched behind a good defensive club which helped in supressing his hits allowed and runs given up.

I think most voters took this into account. To be honest, Felix probably was hurt a bit due to the ballpark he plays in. While we can say that the Mariners defense definitely helped in suppressing the hits allowed/runs allowed by Felix, we can also say that he wasn't helped too much by his own ballpark. Guys like JEred Weaver and Chris Young(this season) are clear examples of how their home parks help them in suppressing runs allowed. Both are extreme flyball pitchers who are helped by their spacious parks. Felix is a groundball pitcher. IT helps that he gets to pitch in Safeco, but he'd dominate anywhere he played. I just think Kluber dominated more, especially the last 3 or so months of the season, and that the gap in ERA/WHIP, H/9 etc would be a lot more even if Kluber pitched behind a team with even an average defense

This play probably helped Kluber as well. Really shows that Indians defense in all its glory lol

http://deadspin.com/ryan-raburn-defensive-meltdown-leads-to-easiest-inside-1610634728?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow