• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Padres listening on 3 best starters

SoWhat

Howie, just think of how many doubles and triples you could hit in Petco Park.

That would be nice but I don't see it happening. I'm sure you were mostly joking, but I doubt they would be interested in one year of Kendrick for about ten million. They would want prospects they can control for 6 years or close to 6 years.

Hearing Ian Kennedy again. Looks for the Angels to be one of the teams in on him this offseason before the Padres move him.

1 year of Kendrick for 1 year of Kennedy actually makes alot of sense. I'm sure they'd rather keep Ross and Cash as they are still inexpensive.

Padres are in the market for 1B and OF.  It's a tough one though.  The Angels have a 1B they could definitely use in C.J. Cron, but him alone won't land us Tyson Ross but is also too much to give up for Kennedy.  San Diego could definitely use Hamilton but certainly can't afford him and the Angels can't eat that much of his contract.  The Angels don't have any position prospects that you'd really consider a good enough supplement to get Ross.

The best they could hope for is Cron, Green, Cowart and Delgado are somehow enough in volume to make the Padres give up a good starter.

The most likely of scenarios probably puts Kendrick + 5 million in San Diego in return for Ian Kennedy and a high upside talent like Burch Smith with the Angels.

I just don't see a match, though I wish there was one.  I'd love to see some bats arrive in SD and watch them overtake the Dodgers and Giants and shock the world.  

I'd love to see some bats arrive in SD and watch them overtake the Dodgers and Giants and shock the world.  

you'll be dead before that ship sets sail. the giants have a system in place reminiscent of the cardinals and the dodgers just got really smart, literally. the padres seem to have a smart enough gm, but he's not empowered by ownership in any real way to effect "tampa bay ray" type change, at least not in my opinion. san diego is an eighth grader in a locker room full of seniors. sure they've got some hair on their balls, but not much else.