• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Passan: Angels to go after Scherzer

With our luck, if we chose one between Scherzer and Lester, the one chosen will go into quick decline and the other will have 5 productive seasons for his new team. 

Seems that for the past several years, with regards to big money FAs and big money trade acquisitions, the Halos have had the same luck as Bad Luck Schleprock.

Edited by Angel Oracle

If they were going to do this, I'd still rather it be Lester.  no comp pick and I feel a bit of a safer bet with a little less upside.  

We also have more need for a good lefty pitcher. Our top three (including Richards) are all righties.

Edited by ScottLux

Both have just turned 30.

Lester has thrown 400 more career MLB innings (1700 vs 1300, including post-season).

Lester has a better arsenal of pitches, vs. Scherzer relying on fastball and slider. 

Both had so-so WHIPs through 2012, and then improved their WHIP significantly in the past year or two.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Scherzer is going to take a lot of dough -

I mean he turned down a contract extension deal with Detroit during the past off-season that was a whopper of a contract.

he's going to demand more than that now..........not sure if we want to be part of another huge, long term contract deal.

I don't mind the ones we have (minus Hamilton's) but don't think we should take on another one.

Scherzer is going to take a lot of dough -

I mean he turned down a contract extension deal with Detroit during the past off-season that was a whopper of a contract.

he's going to demand more than that now..........not sure if we want to be part of another huge, long term contract deal.

I don't mind the ones we have (minus Hamilton's) but don't think we should take on another one.

Ya boras said they offered 144m. Boras said they counter with a lot more

Can we actually for a change end up with a big money FA who ends up being worth remotely close enough to the contract he got? 

If not, pass on anyone 30+ for the next several years!

As far as the big money free agent signings went. The only two that Arte did that I would do over again was Vlad and Torii. Of course, he also dodged a few bullets like Teixeira and whiffed on the most obvious signing, Beltre.