• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Chance to strengthen leg has Pujols excited

AngelsWin.com

i know i'm not saying anything you don't already know, but salary and performance are not correlated. we're going to get the aging version of pujols, and his escalating salary isn't going to influence that one way or another.

Very true, but it would be nice if he had a Big Poopi type resurgence for a couple of years anyway.   One .800+ OPS season is not anywhere close to what $240 million should get you.

I am certainly prone to drink kool aid, but I actually think the reasoning in this article is sound. Honestly Pujols last year was better than most of us feared. At times and for periods he was very good. His numbers such as line drives and hitting to right field definitely improved. I think the ability to do a more usual offseason regimen sounds encouraging. Will he be vintage Pujols, probably not. Will he be as good as he thinks he is or would like to be, probably not. Will he be better than last season, very possible. I would be happy with that. 

His health was real good, as was his defense, and in April his power numbers were good.

But his 2014 OPS was not much better than his 2013 OPS (.023 improvement).

And after April 2014 (.589 SLG%), his slugging % dropped almost off the map to just .440 which basically matched his 2013 slugging %.

Were his legs well enough to play every day, but just not strong enough to keep solid power numbers as the season progressed? 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Hey guys after reading some of the feedback to my negative posts about Pujols I've realized that I've been pretty critical about Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton. I want to apologize to the entire board for that and I hope that I haven't worn out my welcome here. I'm not upset with anyone here and take no offense with what was posted. Sorry peeps. Claude    

I don't think anyone is arguing that Pujols or Hamilton have given the Angels even close to what was hoped for when they were signed.  Of course it has been disappointing.

I think these kind of articles are dumb.

Insert name of struggling player (here) and say they will be truly healthy for the first time in years and that somehow this should lead to a better season. 

I wish these articles were written after at least half a season of success instead.  Just show us improvement, stop telling us its coming when chances are it wont.

Mt, my point is that these articles get written and people use it to get upset at the player, again, for not performing. I compared it to people not being happy with Howie's performance despite that he is a top 5 or 6 second baseman in the league, because a writer once said he would be a mulitple batting champion.

Mt, my point is that these articles get written and people use it to get upset at the player, again, for not performing. I compared it to people not being happy with Howie's performance despite that he is a top 5 or 6 second baseman in the league, because a writer once said he would be a mulitple batting champion.

and again, articles aren't written yearly about Howie being batting champion but we've seen something similar to this about Pujols each offseason, haven't we?  I'm not blaming Pujols, I'm just saying these things bug me.

2nd base is a really poor position these days in MLB.  And do you mean top 5 or 6 in the American League?  Cause that would make him a slightly above average 2nd basemen, when his ceiling was supposedly "batting champion."

Not to mention, hes always been terrible in the postseason.

2nd base is a really poor position these days in MLB. And do you mean top 5 or 6 in the American League? Cause that would make him a slightly above average 2nd basemen, when his ceiling was supposedly "batting champion."

Not to mention, hes always been terrible in the postseason.

His ceiling according to a writer