• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets sign Michael Cuddyer

m0nkey

I bet they make some moves to compete this year and they could give two shits about that pick. They're deep in good starting pitching and they need some offense

doesn't make it any less stupid. michael cuddyer isn't worth the 15th pick. the guy's guaranteed to be on the DL and his career will be over in two years.

doesn't make it any less stupid. michael cuddyer isn't worth the 15th pick. the guy's guaranteed to be on the DL and his career will be over in two years.

So when they sign Hanley and don't lose that pick, are you saying that won't matter?

This deal can't be criticized until they make the rest of their moves. They aren't done

Plus it's rumored that the Mets want to pull in their right and left field fences, per the MLB channel.  For Cuddyer that means more home runs, and less ground to cover.  Their pitchers are primarily ground ball pitchers.

Except Harvey, which is OK, because he misses a lot of bats.

almost every single post in this thread is about rumors and what ifs. the fact is, right now, they surrendered the 15th pick for michael cuddyer. bad move. i wouldn't give up a second round pick for cuddyer, especially if i was a team like the mets, who aren't exactly banging on the door.

almost every single post in this thread is about rumors and what ifs. the fact is, right now, they surrendered the 15th pick for michael cuddyer. bad move. i wouldn't give up a second round pick for cuddyer, especially if i was a team like the mets, who aren't exactly banging on the door.

It was worth the gamble. If Cuddyer stays healthy and plays well, the Mets could be a wild card team.

If he doesn't stay healthy or play well, they may end up with a protected pick.

And don't assume they're done. They're now out from under a lot of the old contracts, so they might have money to spend and they have pitching to spare to trade for bats.

Ok, well let's bump this thread if they make anymore big moves. They might also have wanted to jump on him before the market started to clear up.

Also think it was funny the Rockies were criticized when they made the QO to him. They look smart now

Ok, well let's bump this thread if they make anymore big moves. They might also have wanted to jump on him before the market started to clear up.

Also think it was funny the Rockies were criticized when they made the QO to him. They look smart now

I think the Rockies' new GM has a plan. There will be some changes on the Rockies' end.

Personally, I think the Rox were smart to give Cuddyer the QO. If he takes it, then they get one more year of production (if healthy), if not, they get another draft pick (since they also have one of the top ten). I like it from their angle.

Also, if they trade Tulo for a good young pitcher like Syndergaard or Wheeler, I like that deal for them as well.