• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire LHP Cesar Ramos from Rays for RHP Mark Sappington

I likey this trade.    Sappington was fast becoming a dime a dozen type guy (good stuff, mediocre command).

Ramos is a great replacement for Margaret, and can additionally face some righties.

On our way to becoming the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Long Beach

Edited by Angel Oracle

Meh trade. Seems like Ramos will become the LOOGY but his numbers aren't great vs lefties, just above average. He also provides a little rotation depth. 

I thought Sappington could turn himself into a solid 6th/7th inning reliever but his command has been really ugly in the minors. I don't mind the trade. I don't love it either. 

Ramos looks pretty shitty, but he probably just makes the grade as the last guy on the bullpen. He's a lefty and can give us some length, both of which we lacked this year. As much as Ramos looks like he'll frustrate the crap out of us, this was probably worth doing.

One concern though is his numbers at the Trop last year were crazy good. Hopefully he'll stink less away from there next year.

Edited by Oz27