• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Election Night 2014

meh, I feel like there are people that want to call themselves libertarians on here but aren't TRUE libertarians. And it's not just on here, it's everywhere in this country in the last 3+ years.

I'm sure that is true in some respects but I think that many people with libertarian tendencies still vote "R" or "D" because they don't want to "waste" their vote. 

i expect a lot of things like National Mushroom Day and National Ride a Bicycle Day. Not really expecting much substance from them. if they're smart, which they aren't, they'll try to load things to favor a republican candidate in 2016 - "hey look at all the things we accomplished with a republican congress. imagine the good we can continue to do if we have a republican president to work with." something like that.

Those donors didn't pony up 9 figure sums to see their agendas get slow played. 

I can't believe anyone is ok with making theft not a felony.

I just think the jails are overcrowded.  There needs to be some way of thinning out who is in there.  We need to be able to keep the violent ones in jail as long as possible.  Besides, and I know this drives you crazy, but I like biblical concepts and jail is not a biblical concept.  I get that we can't do the eye for an eye thing and that is where jail comes in but we should be able to come up with ways to punish theives where they don't to go to jail.  Make them work it off in shelters or food banks.  Something like that.

meh, I feel like there are people that want to call themselves libertarians on here but aren't TRUE libertarians. And it's not just on here, it's everywhere in this country in the last 3+ years.

Libertarians still participate in the democractic process, so in that sense I agree.

I'm officially an anti-statist! Who's with me?

I think 400.

That's like two pairs of pants or a chicks purse these days.

A felony for petty theft like that is absurd. Save the felonies for violent offenders and people that put others in danger.

Fine with me if the theft is from a store.

However if you stole my daughter's $500 iPad that is different.  You are mentally harming that person you are stealing from.

That is good for you.  If you go into my daughter's backpack at the park and steal her iPad I hope you spend a few months in jail at least.  The point of jail is putting those that harm society in jail.  Mentally and physically.

that's fine. i don't think a felony is warranted in this case.

Some people don't. I don't want the shit head that steals my $400 bike to get a slap on the wrist, then tries to steal another bike and gets another slap on the wrist.

Yup, I had a bike stolen from me as a kid and it was over a year before I got another one.  I valued all of my possessions and having one stolen was a big deal.  In most cases it would never be replaced.

Looking at the bigger picture, and I don't condone theft, but in the grand scheme of things your daughter can get a new laptop and be fine.

If some idiot kid takes the laptop left out and it's a felony that shits stays with him the rest of his life....can't vote, denied from work, etc.

Just seems harsh to me. Same with getting caught pissing in public and having to register as a sex offender that stays with you forever.