• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Election Night 2014

Nevada, which Obama carried in the last two presidential elections, hasn't been immune either. Pending the outcome of the race for Attorney General, the closest and dirtiest race of all, for the first time in history Republicans may hold all six of the constitutionally created statewide elected positions. Republicans are also taking control of the state senate. My Congressman, Steven Horsford, whose seat was considered relatively safe, was trailing his relatively unknown Republican opponent at last count (although the margin was about 500 votes).

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Obviously Colorado is a pretty purple/swing state.  Everything was in play here.

I've got to say, the GOP ground game here was pretty impressive.  Way more organized, more consistent and more visible.  This was interesting to me because it was the exact opposite 2 years ago.  Will be interesting to see what the ground game looks like for both parties 2 years from now.

Dems got absolutely destroyed this election.

Exit polls show that 60% of the people that voted, voted against Obama instead of for a candidate.  Shows how stupid our voters are for 1, never vote against someone... and two how much people are fed up with Obama.  It wasn't even this bad with Bush.

I often thing people vote against someone when they're mad at themselves.  "I got duped by X candidate (in this case, Obama).  Therefore I'm going to correct my vote by voting against him this time."

It is a stupid thing to do, but people always do it.  Kudos to the GOP for recognizing that and capitalizing on it.  I honestly didn't think they were that savvy anymore.

Considering many people voted against Bush by voting for Obama you would think we would have learned by now it is not a very smart tactic.  Honestly, I think this is really good for Hilary Clinton.  The Republicans will have two full years to totally screw things up more like they are pretty much guaranteed to do.

How do you guys feel about Prop 47, reducing numerous felony crimes to misdemeanors?  I was on board ready to vote yes and changed my mind.  I think it's too broad in scope. 

Basically, any form of stealing, fraud, forgery, shoplifting $950 or less cannot be prosecuted as a felony.  And if I understand this correctly, that also applies to repeat offenders. 

Meh. I don't commit crimes

Charles Krauthammer gloated last night that the new makeup of Congress means that the Republicans "should pass a bill a week." That's 52 a year or 104 in this next Congressional term.  Only problem is, the current Congressional Session, statistically proven to have been the single worst Congress at passing bills in the history of the US, already has that number beat at 185 (or just over 3 bills every 2 weeks).

In other words, it's only going to get worse, regardless of which side of the aisle you identify with.

Dems got absolutely destroyed this election.

Exit polls show that 60% of the people that voted, voted against Obama instead of for a candidate. Shows how stupid our voters are for 1, never vote against someone... and two how much people are fed up with Obama. It wasn't even this bad with Bush.

Do you have a link for this?

If I'm feeling feisty I might drop this in some buffoons Obama propaganda on social media.

I think there are a lot of moderates and libertarians.  I can only think of a few true republicans like Bruce.

meh, I feel like there are people that want to call themselves libertarians on here but aren't TRUE libertarians. And it's not just on here, it's everywhere in this country in the last 3+ years.

It was on CBS.  They did a special national news show this morning.  It was one of the things they mentioned that nationally 60% voted against Obama based on exit polls.

It just shows two things:

1) Republicans did a much better job getting out the vote

2) Democrats are disenfranchised with Obama 

Charles Krauthammer gloated last night that the new makeup of Congress means that the Republicans "should pass a bill a week." That's 52 a year or 104 in this next Congressional term.  Only problem is, the current Congressional Session, statistically proven to have been the single worst Congress at passing bills in the history of the US, already has that number beat at 185 (or just over 3 bills every 2 weeks).

In other words, it's only going to get worse, regardless of which side of the aisle you identify with.

i expect a lot of things like National Mushroom Day and National Ride a Bicycle Day. Not really expecting much substance from them. if they're smart, which they aren't, they'll try to load things to favor a republican candidate in 2016 - "hey look at all the things we accomplished with a republican congress. imagine the good we can continue to do if we have a republican president to work with." something like that.

It was on CBS.  They did a special national news show this morning.  It was one of the things they mentioned that nationally 60% voted against Obama based on exit polls.

It just shows two things:

1) Republicans did a much better job getting out the vote

2) Democrats are disenfranchised with Obama 

the republican influence here in california was nonexistent for the governor's race. have to wonder why they didn't go harder after a 3-term 76 year old democrat, or why they didn't go harder after the morons in the state assembly and state senate. 

i think my party has abandoned california.