• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cuban IFer Roberto Baldoquin

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, Second Base said:

Kubitza is one of those guys I missed on, though not for a lack of effort.  I watched him in person several times when he was playing for Salt Lake.  Long, lean, strong, fast, and athletic.  The ball exploded off his bat.  But that jump between the majors and AAA is a gnarly one and Kyle, I think didn't have what he needed between the ears for it. 

Sort of like with Brandon Wood.  The talent seemed to be there, but the guy just couldn't get out of his own head. 

Ricardo Sanchez has a 0.84 era for the mariners AA team in 5 starts this year.  Not giving you crap but damn dipoto sucked.  

On 10/5/2018 at 11:35 AM, Blarg said:

When the dust settles there is only three players drafted in the first round after Ward that have seen time in the majors.

Mike Saroka pitcher for the Braves. In 5 starts he has a 3.51 era but keep in mind that's only 25.1 innings of work. Another 5 inning pitcher but he could develop into better next season.

Chris Shaw 1st baseman Giants. We have Pujols and Cron at the time so a first baseman was never a need. His cup of coffee was a little bitter with a 552 ops. His minor league stats aren't all that great either. He's probably back in AAA next season to work on his plate skills.

Christian Stewart OF Detroit. Looks like a player with upside. His cup of coffee this year played to a 117 ops+. His minor league climb has been a consistent high 800 ops at every level. 

So of the guys drafted after Ward you've got two of three with upside and both in areas of need. However there are 13 guys that haven't gotten out of the minors. 

Ward was drafted out of order but is not a disaster and still has a shot at a mlb career. He is also has trade chip value. So it wasn't a pick waste.

Austin Riley would be nice to have right now.  or Ryan Mountcastle.  or Triston McKenzie.  or a couple others.  

Ward probably has as much of a chance to outperform most from that draft in the second half of the first round.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Ricardo Sanchez has a 0.84 era for the mariners AA team in 5 starts this year.  Not giving you crap but damn dipoto sucked.  

I think long term he ends up being a decent LOOGY or long reliever in the majors.  I just don't think he has the arsenal to be a starter at the top level.  I would've made that trade for Kubitza too though, so I can't really blame Dipoto in this specific case. 

But everything else, yeah.  His inability to competently build a major league team and farm system still haunts this organization.  It'll still be a couple years before any remnants of his crappiness are wiped from the roster. 

kinda want to stop mentioning Baldoquin on here anymore.  Such a downer to read these threads.  Maybe he should get the Gold Star Club treatment and no longer use his name.  Save us all some pain.?

It's going to be tough to avoid Baby Vlad news though.  We are pretty much screwed no matter what direction we look.

• 11 months later...
On 11/4/2014 at 1:01 PM, ukyah said:

so, that video was uninspiring even with it's trumped up dubstep intensity. i'm all for the signing though and hope we sign moncada, as well.

the difference between myself and dipoto? at least one of us is good at scouting.

asshole.

and we could have signed vladdy jr. easily. 

• 1 year later...