• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cuban IFer Roberto Baldoquin

http://js.mlblogs.com/2014/11/04/angels-cubas-baldoquin-come-to-terms-on-a-deal/

The Angels have made a big splash on the international market, agreeing to an $8 million signing bonus with Cuban middle infielder Roberto Baldoquin, the player told MLB.com.
The deal is pending a physical. The club has not confirmed the agreement.

The Angels’ bonus pool total for this year’s signing period is $2,383,700, and because they are expected to exceed the pool by 15 percent or more with the Baldoquin signing, the club will not be allowed to sign a player for more than $300,000 during the next two signing periods and will have to pay a 100-percent tax on the pool overage.

Edited by bloodbrother

Perhaps more fuel for a Howie trade. Baldoquin gets some time in the minors to adjust to things in the states while Green/Beckham play the stop gap role at 2B until this guy is ready

I have no idea what the scouting report is on this guy. Anybody know anything? They obviously really liked him judging by the signing bonus they gave him

Perhaps more fuel for a Howie trade. Baldoquin gets some time in the minors to adjust to things in the states while Green/Beckham play the stop gap role at 2B until this guy is ready

I have no idea what the scouting report is on this guy. Anybody know anything? They obviously really liked him judging by the signing bonus they gave him

Or they do the sensible thing and keep Kendrick while this guy shows he can play and use Green as the infield backup. Still not sold on Beckham not being the guy his career stats say he is. Edited by notti

I thought the story on the Future Angels board listed him as a 3B/OF, and not a MI.  

I am confused.

3B is a sorely needed spot for upgrading.

Update:  I see now that the article listed him as a MI, and was probably implying that he could play 3B and the OF as well. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I thought the story on the Future Angels board listed him as a 3B/OF, and not a MI.

I am confused.

3B is a sorely needed spot for upgrading.

Update: I see now that the article listed him as a MI, and was probably implying that he could play 3B and the OF as well.

He's read the board and knows nobody likes Freese or Hamilton.

More from mlbtraderumors.com

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/angels-to-sign-cuban-infielder-roberto-baldoquin-for-8mm-bonus.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Here's an interesting excerpt:

Because Baldoquin was subject to the international signing bonus, the Angels have now clearly shattered their international bonus pool. By adding Baldoquin, the Halos are subjecting themselves to a 100 percent luxury tax on any dollars spent over their $2.383MM bonus pool, and they will also be ineligible to sign any player for more than $300K in either of the next two international signing periods. They can, however, spend as aggressively as they wish for the remainder of this signing period, which runs through mid-June. At this point, because they’ll already have been hit with the max penalties, the only further penalties they will incur will be the 100 percent on any further dollars that are spent on international free agents.