• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michelle Obama: Blacks should vote democrat, no matter what

Speaking of lazy, that's my reason.

I have never re-registered and have my childhood address still attached with my name. I really don't want to give big brother updated info to track me around.

doesn't matter, brandon. they're already tracking you through your phone.

I fully understand that a Democrat in the White House is supposed to support candidates from his own party (same thing for a Republican president). However, making the statement that you should follow blindly no matter what the candidate says or does is pretty ludicrous. I have seen candidates for public office from both major parties who are total nut jobs. Sorry, Michelle, but that influences my vote.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

After you vote democrat don't forget the fried chicken!

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Buzz/2014/1104/Michelle-Obama-to-blacks-Vote-then-eat-fried-chicken.-Is-that-racist

"You make a good point because I am, I do talk about health. But I think that a good victory for Democrats on Tuesday, you know, should be rewarded with some fried chicken."

Fuzzy Zoeller shakes head in disapproval. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

LOL, not me.  I've been able to bring voting into my world of lazy.  Get the ballot in the mail, fill the ballot while sitting on my own couch and ask my wife to drop it off at the courthouse when she drops hers off.

It really is perfect.

I have done the absentee ballot thing before. It really is convenient. At least here, early voting available at multiple locations has eliminated the need for most of that. I didn't make it to early voting this time, first time I have ever been to my actual polling place since I moved here.

So to recap, when Michelle talks about fried chicken it is about diversity and culture; when Dave Chapelle does it, it is hilarious; and when white golfers do it, it is racist and offensive. I think I got it.

if michelle obama had won the masters, it wouldn't have been a big deal then, either.

I don't think the fried chicken thing is bad at all. The dude referenced "souls to the polls" and asked if that should deserve some soul food. Fried chicken is a staple ingredient in soul food. Being offended would be akin to being offended if someone made a Chinese food pun and then she mentioned chow mein. She didn't say anything offensive.

As for saying all blacks should vote Democrat, that's stupid. But from what I can tell she didn't say that. It's hard to tell her meaning because the context isn't entirely clear but that article is implying that since that network is apparently mostly watched by black people that anything someone says on it is only directed to black people. What if I went on Dr Oz and said that we need to exercise more. Am I implying that only 40 year-old jobless house wives should lose weight? No. I might be talking to only them at the moment but the whole country is fat. So by saying that on Dr Oz's show I'm not singling them out. They just happen to be the only ones getting my message at the time.

It's entirely possible that the First Lady meant that blacks should always vote Dem and that she wasn't talking about anyone else. I don't know. But that article writer takes some amazing leaps that, for me, really soften his point.

Edit - I should clarify that voting Dem just because is stupid. You obviously need to hear the message. But this is American politics. At the end if the day the two parties really only endorse themselves. The First Lady isn't going to tell people to consider voting Rep or Lib while she is still in office. It sucks that it's that way but it's been that way forever. Hopefully people aren't acting surprised by that.

Edited by HaloMagic