• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

People who complain about immigrants taking jobs away

I'd have no problem doing that in a foreign country.

I forgot who I called, I want to say auto insurance or Time Warner, and going through their prompt usually it's press 1 or 2 for Spanish. This prompt didn't have that option and only pressing 1 for English. I found that rather odd here in this country.

For some reason this really makes me laugh. There is a supposition that only in America do we make allowances for other languages where most of the world does so for English.

Both here and in Philippines the locals are surprised that I understand their languages because most Americans don't even try. When I try to speak in either language I get funny looks or outright laughs so many of my conversations are me talking in English and allowing them to reply in their language.

My wife butchers the Spanish language when she tries to use it at work. Most of the staff and parents think she doesn't understand it and use it as their secret language when they want to say something thinking she can't understand them. She gets more gossip and dirt putting on a fake smile while they talk shit. It is funny to hear them switch between English and Spanish mid sentence as if they were parents spelling out words so the kids don't get what they are saying.

My wife butchers the Spanish language when she tries to use it at work. Most of the staff and parents think she doesn't understand it and use it as their secret language when they want to say something thinking she can't understand them. She gets more gossip and dirt putting on a fake smile while they talk shit. It is funny to hear them switch between English and Spanish mid sentence as if they were parents spelling out words so the kids don't get what they are saying.

My kid still remembers you from the winery. The other day we were at the store and he asked what the cashier's name was. The guy says "Eric." Ethan says, "Daddy...Eric like the man at the restaurant." haha.

My wife has a standard disclaimer for her friends who come over making sure they know that I can understand what they're talking about unless they go to a local dialect. Same thing for the Saudis who work in my area. They tell their buddies to watch what they say when I'm around.

Ha! My wife is Italian. Her dad moved her when he was 30. He will talk shit about me in Italian sometimes. I love it!

Ethan cracked me up that if it was red he would eat it without question, fries with ketchup, raspberries strawberries all good . Drop a blackberry in front of him and he gives you the serious wtf look.

He's a funny little dude. Can't wait for next baseball season. Taking him to a lot of games. Should be fun. 

My wife has a standard disclaimer for her friends who come over making sure they know that I can understand what they're talking about unless they go to a local dialect. Same thing for the Saudis who work in my area. They tell their buddies to watch what they say when I'm around.

That is precisely why my wife plays dumb. The only people she will let know she can tell what they are saying are deaf people signing. She let's them know she can sign, out of courtesy so they know someone else could see what they are saying. They all smile and try and include her into their conversation then I'm the odd guy out with no clue what she's saying.

My cousin redshirted at USD last year. He's a catcher and pitcher. They're going to use him as a reliever this year and he's pretty high on the depth chart. Assuming he's got a regular role, we'll be attending a number of their games this year.