• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver out 4-6 weeks with broken elbow

nate

Replacing Weav for 7-9 starts, plus adding a few substandard starts after he comes back to the rotation (hopefully) my guess is that this injury just cost the Angels about 3 wins over the course of the year.  If, by year's end, the Angels miss the playoffs by 3 wins or less, Weav's injury can be thought of as the difference.

I think he will only miss a couple of starts ... his elbow doesn't need to be 100 % ... does it? Jim Abbott pitched for a long time without a hand . I think Weaver will man up!

I broke my elbow 10 years and it's still not right ... it's a self healing injury and you have to go through therapy.

Replacing Weav for 7-9 starts, plus adding a few substandard starts after he comes back to the rotation (hopefully) my guess is that this injury just cost the Angels about 3 wins over the course of the year.  If, by year's end, the Angels miss the playoffs by 3 wins or less, Weav's injury can be thought of as the difference.

I guess you might as well throw in the towel, log off and follow some hockey or basketball until the NFL returns, Mr Sunshine.

Actually Brian, though no one knows it yet, I'm only two fifths right so far. 

I predicted Richards would step into the rotation (1) and delivery gutsy performances that saved the season (2).  Two days ago I predicted Dane De La Rosa would be promoted (3) to the Angels and earn himself a permanent spot in their pen (4).  The article is coming out later today.

I'm here to say, It's going to be alright.  If you want that to be the fifth prediction, you may.

Here are my original 5 Bold Predictions - http://www.monkeywithahalo.com/2013-articles/march/five-bold-predictions-for-the-angels-in-2013.html

I think that Weaver will probably only miss 4 to 5 starts. This is a good test for this team to see how mentally tough it is much like in 2009 when Adenhart passed away.

Weaver being injured for a month.....Nick Adenhart passing away....

yeah, i can totally see the similarities

I guess you might as well throw in the towel, log off and follow some hockey or basketball until the NFL returns, Mr Sunshine.

Yeah, Mr. No Biggie. You're right.  Weav was the one holding this team back from  being great.  Now that he's out of the way, this team can really start to perform up to their potential.

In fact, why don't the Angels try to trade Weav, it's not like they need him or anything, right?  No one player can impact a ballclub that much.

Thank you, Mr. No Biggie, your astute and incisive observations have helped me to see the light.

This has to be one of the strangest injuries I've ever seen.

You haven't been an Angels fan very long, have you?  You want to talk about "strange injuries", talk to Chuck Finley, or Bobby Valentine first.  This injury by Weav is way way way down on a very long list of "strange" for the Angels.

You haven't been an Angels fan very long, have you?  You want to talk about "strange injuries", talk to Chuck Finley, or Bobby Valentine first.  This injury by Weav is way way way down on a very long list of "strange" for the Angels.

No...I am an Angels admirer from a distance....mainly because I loved watching Rod Carew....so, no I'm not up on all the crazy injuries the Angels have sustained over the years.

No...I am an Angels admirer from a distance....mainly because I loved watching Rod Carew....so, no I'm not up on all the crazy injuries the Angels have sustained over the years.

The list is long and rather distinguished.  After all, it wasn't the Angels inability to make the World Series alone that gave rise to the old Indian Burial grounds conspiracy theory for all those years. The Angels have always seemed to find new and exciting ways of having freak injuries.  Mo Vaughn on his first play in an Angels Uniform, for instance.  Chuck Finley being asked in press conferences, seriously, mind you, if he broke any mirrors or walked under any ladders recently.  Bobby Valentine getting his cleat stuck in the outfield fence resulting in a broken leg.  Joyner, Morales, etc etc etc.

And those are just some of the injuries where the players survived!  Don't even get started on the number of players who didn't.