• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver out 4-6 weeks with broken elbow

nate

I just hope the Front Office doesn't get jumpy and start looking at trades that will hurt us in the long run.

This is where I have faith in DiPoto. Every move he has made has shown he views the big picture beyond the immediate issue and I don't see him making a desperation trade. 

let's look at the positives: it's his non-pitching arm, so once it heals, it heals, there shouldn't be any lingering effects.  It's 4-6 weeks, not 8-10 weeks, so not like it's the bulk of the season. This might allow Jered to be fresher later in the season.  Garrett Richards has looked great so far and this is the opportunity he's been waiting for - he could really flourish.  Weaver did not look sharp his first 2 starts, so it's possible it's a down year for him and in reality there won't be much of a drop-off from what we would have gotten.

One of the reasons I wanted Richards sent to AAA is in case of an injury he'd have been stretched out..and ready to fill in. Now he's pitched in four of the Angels first six games out of the pen, been good, but will he be ready to start on Saturday in Houston?

Damn.. this sucks. Lets hope one of the other starters steps up and the offense doesn't go into hibernation.

The idea of Williams in the rotation for an extended period doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. This could be a looong disappointing year....Again.

let's look at the positives: it's his non-pitching arm, so once it heals, it heals, there shouldn't be any lingering effects.  It's 4-6 weeks, not 8-10 weeks, so not like it's the bulk of the season. This might allow Jered to be fresher later in the season.  Garrett Richards has looked great so far and this is the opportunity he's been waiting for - he could really flourish.  Weaver did not look sharp his first 2 starts, so it's possible it's a down year for him and in reality there won't be much of a drop-off from what we would have gotten.

Weaver looked great in Cincinnati. He gave up one run in that game in six innings. In Texas, he gave up two HR both to right, where the wind was blowing out. 4 runs in 5 innings certainly isn't good, and the Moreland double before he was pulled also wasn't great. Still, it's not like he was having a horrific year.

One good start, one iffy start.

One of the reasons I wanted Richards sent to AAA is in case of an injury he'd have been stretched out..and ready to fill in. Now he's pitched in four of the Angels first six games out of the pen, been good, but will he be ready to start on Saturday in Houston?

my guess is they'll have to stretch him out - maybe only 60-75 pitches on Sunday, then more in his next start, and so on.  At least Sunday's game is against Houston.  Shouldn't be a big deal.

Weaver looked great in Cincinnati. He gave up one run in that game in six innings. In Texas, he gave up two HR both to right, where the wind was blowing out. 4 runs in 5 innings certainly isn't good, and the Moreland double before he was pulled also wasn't great. Still, it's not like he was having a horrific year.

One good start, one iffy start.

all I said was he didn't look sharp, which is true.  The Cincinnatti game was impressive because he limited the damage when he was very clearly struggling with his command all day, and diminished velocity.  Pretty much the same story in the Texas game.  He was far from horrific, but like I said, he wasn't sharp like he normally is.

Richards was inevitably going to replace someone in the rotation, too bad it needs to be Weav.

I can't imagine what was going through Richards head when he figured out he'd been tapped as the replacement after what he said earlier this year about bouncing back and forth between starting and relieving.  It was probably something along the lines of "Oh shit, not again...."

It's gotta be Richards.  No one can replace Weav, but this is the one even I was talking about in my Bold Predictions article that would occur.  One pitcher would be out a month or so, Richards would come into the rotation and be so good that he pushes either Blanton or Hanson to the bullpen. 

So you are HALF right so far.  I just hope you get the other half right!

So by skipping him on off days and say he misses 6 weeks, he will miss 7 starts (would have had 8-9). 

Those teams:

Astros (2)-We have to have someone who can beat them

Rangers

Mariners

Orioles

Royals

White Sox

I see no reason why we shouldn't win four of those games. The issue will be in the bullpen, Richards has been a key component early on. 

Although losing Jered is a loss for sure, I'm okay with seeing Richards or Williams pitch 4-6 games in his absence (hopefully it is only 4-6 weeks). I think Richards arm is as live as any young pitcher out there and Williams has the capability to hold down the fort so to speak.