• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

prop 47

I would seriously urge you all to search/read-up on this new ruling.  It seems like a good idea to save money on incarceration, but lessens penalties on some crimes that a lot of us see as "serious." 

I think it was written by tweakers, for tweakers because a lot of it relates to their specific type of crimes (Meth-heads who also do thefts and Burglaries).

Basically, it ups the value of loss for a Felony crime to $950.  That means, if your car, gun, or gun out of your locked car are stolen it is only a Misdemeanor unless the suspect is a sex-reg. or has a previous "Super Strike" (such as homicide).  Commercial Burglaries are now Misdemeanors (Ex. When a suspect goes into Target during business hours with the intent to steal something).  If your car is valued under $950, it is a Misdemeanor theft.

Possession of Meth, Heroin, Cocaine, and PCP to name a few are now Misdemeanors.  Possession for sale and Residential Burglary remain felonious.

I'm all for rehabbing users who aren't career-criminals, and I hope this Prop doesn't sink California.  I voted NO btw.

So I should cancel my field trip to Tanks house?  But my trip the Apple store is still on?

Any legislation that lessens cops focus on petty crimes and drug offenses and puts more efforts into real police work I'm all for.

Unfortunately, these petty crimes lead to the real crimes.  Auto burglary is pretty serious for the victim, and most thefts/burglaries are fueled by drug habits.

You say that but I had a 1973 Super Beetle stolen from me about 10 years ago.  It even had multicolored fenders because it had been in an accident before I got it.

Dudes that stole it got about two blocks before giving up.  It had busted engine mounts which caused a huge hole in the intake vacuum hose that required the engine to always need to be rev'd or it would stall.  I drove it in traffic by using the hand break to come to a stop so I could keep my foot on the clutch & gas.

You say that but I had a 1973 Super Beetle stolen from me about 10 years ago. It even had multicolored fenders because it had been in an accident before I got it.

Dudes that stole it got about two blocks before giving up. It had busted engine mounts which caused a huge hole in the intake vacuum hose that required the engine to always need to be rev'd or it would stall. I drove it in traffic by using the hand break to come to a stop so I could keep my foot on the clutch & gas.

Dude, I have a mountain bike you can use if need be. My son's razor scooter might even be an upgrade.