• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hot Stove Season ... here we go!!!

Spirit

Headley would be a terrible signing. So would signing panda. I say bring back freese. I would never invest heavily in thar position.

Trading howie would also be a poor move.

We need a starter but i wouldnt touch the big names. Go with mccarthy and liriano.

A speedy LF and sitting hamilton would be good.

We might have kept Adam Eaton (instead of flipping him for Hector Santaigo) had we re-signed Vargas. 

Because we want them to!

Come on, you don't understand AW logic yet?

:P

you mean like because Kershaw had a couple bad starts in the playoffs that means we can trade a bunch players we don't want like Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson for him?

I'd be happy if we could pull down Chase Headley. Guy is a good player.  Also would anyone be interested in bringing Ervin back ? I would.  I think we probably stay away from the big name guys.

Historically, I can't think of any team that has had success bringing back a player of marginally utility....let alone bringing back any former players...unless of course its is to retire their number.

Historically, I can't think of any team that has had success bringing back a player of marginally utility....let alone bringing back any former players...unless of course its is to retire their number.

I know a team that tried it, with disastrous results once October hit. John Schuerholz brought back Terry Pendleton, Otis Nixon and Alejandro Pena after they were older (and less useful) after other teams dumped them because they had helped the Braves before. Nixon was the worst hitter in the National League in 1992, yet inexplicably he was at the plate with the Braves one out from losing the World Series to Toronto in Game 6. Predictably, Nixon made the last out of the series trying to bunt his way on.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I know a team that tried it, with disastrous results once October hit. John Schuerholz brought back Terry Pendleton, Otis Nixon and Alejandro Pena after they were older (and less useful) after other teams dumped them because they had helped the Braves before. Nixon was the worst hitter in the National League in 1992, yet inexplicably he was at the plate with the Braves one out from losing the World Series to Toronto in Game 6. Predictably, Nixon made the last out of the series trying to bunt his way on.

You can't forget when the Halo's brought back Jim Abbot that had to be the worst....yet many people here still clamour for nostalgia.