• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hot Stove Season ... here we go!!!

Spirit

Except Panda is 4 years younger than Gaetti was when he became an Angel. There's world of difference between 28 and 32.

He also weighs twice as much Gaetti but as we've seen fat guys like Fielder don't have any health issues when they cross over age 30.

honestly, looking at the rosters of the World Series teams this year . . . makes it hard for me to get too caught up in the minutiae of our roster. Both those teams had major holes and did not look dominant or even "complete" on paper. You put together the talent you can, and then the players either show up and play well when it counts, or they don't. I don't think the Angels are in a position to make any major moves this offseason, so who they get to fill out the BP or the back end of the rotation, or what mediocre player is playing 3B or LF next season . . . I'm not sure it really matters all that much.

1. Trade Kendrick for a good SP prospect and relieve 10 million from the payroll crunch.

2. Trade Beckham for anything if you can, or release him.

3. Sign a starting pitcher for 12 million a year.

4. Sign a speedy backup infielder like Bonifacio for 3 million a year.

5. Sign a good lefty reliever for 3 million a year. 

6. Temporarily remove Josh Hamilton's voice box so he doesn't say anything else stupid. 

Sounds like an easy stress-free winter to me. 

who is our second baseman?

I'd be happy if we could pull down Chase Headley. Guy is a good player. Also would anyone be interested in bringing Ervin back ? I would. I think we probably stay away from the big name guys.

Headley is probably underrated. He would be a great signing. Worst case scenario he gives you average offense and great defense. Best case, he gives you good offense and defense. Either way, he is probably better than Freese. I'd be okay with giving him 3-4 years at 10-12mil per (i.e., a deal between 3/30 and 4/48).

Headley is probably underrated. He would be a great signing. Worst case scenario he gives you average offense and great defense. Best case, he gives you good offense and defense. Either way, he is probably better than Freese. I'd be okay with giving him 3-4 years at 10-12mil per (i.e., a deal between 3/30 and 4/48).

Yankees need him though. They're not going to trust ARod as their primary third baseman. 

Yankees need him though. They're not going to trust ARod as their primary third baseman.

Don't they have Prado? I would guess you are right and they will be in the mix for Headley, but I can't help but think he could possibly end up being one of the off-season's biggest bargains.