• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

U.S./Israel Relations

You are just displaying your ignorance.

Jews absolutely consider themselves a race as much as a religion.  Why do you think Jews have such distinct features?  Similar to Arabs and Islam.

i find that kinda racist actually... i know many of the Jewish faith that dont share any said characteristics, including one who was born in Israel that without their passport couldn't prove it as well as many who follow Islam who have blond hair.  I also know people born in Israel who are not Jewish...

once again, religion inst defined by race or characteristics anymore than those things define a race.

My ancestry is Irish, yet i have dark hair and olive skin... genetics aren't religion.

To assume some loftier allegiance based on that is just kinda silly considering the area of Isreal has born muslims, arabs, and many other faiths aside from Jews

I've always thought of the term "Jew" as describing two distinct things that happen to use the same term. One could be an ethnically Jewish atheist or a Native American that practices Judaism.

This. And while it could possibly cause some confusion, when listening to the context it's not a very difficult thing to comprehend. Not really sure how there is so much confusion on it right now.

I've always thought of the term "Jew" as describing two distinct things that happen to use the same term. One could be an ethnically Jewish atheist or a Native American that practices Judaism.

But what if the Native American doesn't have curly hair and a big nose?

i find that kinda racist actually... i know many of the Jewish faith that dont share any said characteristics, including one who was born in Israel that without their passport couldn't prove it as well as many who follow Islam who have blond hair. I also know people born in Israel who are not Jewish...

once again, religion inst defined by race or characteristics anymore than those things define a race.

My ancestry is Irish, yet i have dark hair and olive skin... genetics aren't religion.

To assume some loftier allegiance based on that is just kinda silly considering the area of Isreal has born muslims, arabs, and many other faiths aside from Jews

So if you find it kinda racist then you agree Jews are a race? Cool, good discussion everyone.

This thread reminds me of a jewish lesbian singer who played the clubs of LA in the '80s. She went by the name Phranc (pronounced "Frank.") On stage at each show, she would say, "My name's Phranc. That's 'P' 'H' with a hard 'C.'"

I found it poignant.

She opened for Morissey when I saw him back in the early 90's. She was awful. I mean really really awful. She introduced herself as a Jewish, lesbian folk-singer.