• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Antares Rocket

nate

Not NASA.  Orbital Sciences Corp.  The payload was all NASA equipment though.  It was a resupply mission.  I heard on the broadcast just now that it had some top secret "crypto" equipment so they have to secure the area.

How do you send top secret stuff to the ISS (with no one on board). What do you do when it gets there. Hide it in your closet?

Obviously those on the ISS are cleared to use it.

Tank, you can see one of the engines catches on fire about 5 seconds into the launch.  According to Orbital at that time they set off the destruct mechanism.

So much money and science lost.  Really sad.

Well yeah. But what is so top secret about it if Russian Cosmonauts are given access to it. The inner workings? How does that necessitate any secrecy in the launch?

I am surprised fanfromouterspace79 hasn't chimed in since the first stage of this rocket is powered by old Russian surplus. Yup, our privately funded space programs are using cast off Russian rockets that were bought in bulk years ago when Russia scrapped it's space program.

I am surprised fanfromouterspace79 hasn't chimed in since the first stage of this rocket is powered by old Russian surplus. Yup, our privately funded space programs are using cast off Russian rockets that were bought in bulk years ago when Russia scrapped it's space program.

I thought you were joking:

http://news.yahoo.com/russians-deliver-space-station-cargo-191254991.html

Although the cause of the blast is still unknown, several outside experts cast suspicion on the 1960s-era Russian-built engines used in the rocket's first stage. Orbital Sciences chairman David Thompson himself said the Russian engines had presented "some serious technical and supply challenges in the past."

I thought you were joking:

http://news.yahoo.com/russians-deliver-space-station-cargo-191254991.html

Although the cause of the blast is still unknown, several outside experts cast suspicion on the 1960s-era Russian-built engines used in the rocket's first stage. Orbital Sciences chairman David Thompson himself said the Russian engines had presented "some serious technical and supply challenges in the past."

I'm surprised too.  Because for the life of me.  My 1960's era car cannot seem to win a nascar race no matter what I do.