• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remembering Nick Adenhart

Chuck

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, eligrba said:

We should also remember Lyman Bostock.  Another young player who was tragically murdered.

For those who are not familiar with his story,

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/22/sports/sp-crowe22

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bostock

Both players need to be remembered.

I remember hearing this news while in my dorm room at LB St., and being totally at a loss for words.   Lyman had gone from hitting .140 in April, to around .340 from May 1 on.       And he was a class person, taken at waaaay too young of an age (27). 

The biggest blessing to me was being able to bless Nick's mom and dad with a cherry wood framed collage of his pictures coming up through the Angels brass, including his brilliant start against the A's. 

We presented them to Tim Mead, Wally Joyner's daughter (who was an intern in the PR department), who then gave the memorial pictures to mom and dad. 

Brian, Lou, Glen, Adam, Dave, Bruce, Jody and so many others were there that day, under the Big A. Special moment in AW history for me. 

1924016_1180300984164_7419584_n.jpg

1924016_1180300864161_2925159_n.jpg

1924016_1180300904162_2135334_n.jpg

1924016_1180300944163_6125055_n.jpg

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Would have been what, 37? Maybe still pitching…after that last start I thought he was breaking through to being something special.

True.  I went to that game with some friends, and it was so shocking when I got the news of what had happened after the game to him.  Someone so young with such a bright future, it was devastating.